Monday 15 November 2021

Path of Positivity: Nordic Winter


Hello!

Today is the midway point of the Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of November.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Be Grateful.

We have no sponsor this month and in the spirit of being GRATEFUL for what we have in our lives already, it will just be for fun!

With no sponsors, we had free range to create anything we liked, so I am grateful for this opportunity to create some Christmas or Winter Greeting cards.

I bought the Sizzix, Tim Holtz 'Nordic Winter' die a few months ago thinking that it would be a quick and easy way to create multiple cards for the Holiday Season. 
Wrong. 
I found it to be is so addictive, and that little OCD part of me crept to the forefront, and I couldn't stop making (mainly because I had decided to paper piece and each time I had tiny pieces left over from each colour of card, so they were the start of a new one).
I love that this is crafting and a puzzle at the same time - so many different size and shapes of trees and stars. 
Here is the one card that I have finished so far:


I used traditional colours for this one and inked the edges of the houses and reindeer before fitting them back into place. I used white as my mat layer so that some shapes could be left unfilled. I added it to a kraft mat and stamped and die cut the greetings using a Crafter's Companion set called Winter Solstice. The Snowflake is a 3D Impresslit from Sizzix which embosses and cuts at the same time. I cut the large and small one and layered them up, adding some glitter and a crystal bead to the centre. The greetings are popped up on foam tape.

Here are the rest of the panels I made - some traditional colours and some more modern. I still have loads of confetti shapes left, but for the time being I have packed this die away :)


It would have been a lot, lot easier, had I just inked a piece of card, die cut it and matted onto white base. I think maybe that's the way I'll go when I have my next session with this amazing die! 
I have also seen cards and tags made just from the shapes only. So much fun and versatility from one die. I highly recommend it, as long as you have a little patience :)

That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!

The link up is here: Challenge #96 Path of Positivity.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Allsorts Challenge #650 Christmas 19/11
Unstampabelles Challenges Make It colourful 25/11 ***
Happy Little Stampers Nov AG with Dies 30/11
Dragonfly Dreams Christmas/Winter 02/12
613 Avenue Create #11 AG 03/12

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. My you have been busy, a lovely collection, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts Christmas theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifullllllllllllll cards great papers Carole

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job makeing beautiful christmas cards in nordic style!
    Lia DT PoE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of paper piecing on these lovely cards Carole. You have a super collection now.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all these turned out beautifully, they look like a lot of work but also a lot of fun! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! These are all just fabulous ... what fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and great papers, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great die! I agree the versatility is amazing! Too bad I am out of the die buying business! :D) Beautiful cards (panels) and as always very nicely crafted!


    Thanks so much for a wonderful response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous winter card and love the paper!! Thanks so very much for joining us this month at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your cards are amazing Carole! I love the Nordic feel and am amazed at your patience to ink each little die cut before adding it to the card front!! Well done!! Well worth the time and effort! Loving you colour combinations!Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Watercolour this November. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! Kinda like potato chips where you can't have just one.... I can see where you could mix and match, on and on! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.