Friday 18 August 2023

* Gecko Galz: Christmas Mouse

 

Hello

The free Christmas image at Gecko Galz for August is an adorable Christmas Mouse

I used her to make a digital card:


I teamed the image with an ATC from the Christmas in Nature ATC set. I digitally enlarged the ATC, added some border masks to add texture and interest to the paper. I added a deep red mat for the image to rest upon and then layered digital ephemera in the form of florals and foliage and a sentiment.

Next, I printed the image and papers to make a handmade card.


Of course, you'll notice a difference in image clarity straight away - a lot depends upon the quality of your printer and the status of your ink, as well as the type of card you use. The colours on mine are a lot duller than the actual digital versions, but I find the digital layout is good for designing and brain storming.

I find there's nothing quite like the touchy-feely aspect of a handmade card. I always add texture and dimension to my cards. This one is layered and matted and also has die cut foliage and faux berries, as well as a tiny sentiment tag.

That's all for now.

I'll be back on the 20th August with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Beach Babes"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #222 24/08 (TOP ROW) 
Most Magical Time of theYear AG Halloween/Christmas 26/08
A Perfect Time to Craft July AG 28/08 Spotlight Favourite
Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge Aug AG Christmas/Animals 31/08
Outlawz Challenges Aug AG 31/08

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

5 comments:

  1. Hey Carole, I saw this as I was hopping around the crafty internet, and I just had to stop in for a closer look! This is adorable! He's framed into that beautiful background so artistically! The greenery and berries are perfect! Just so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely, it is frustrating sometimes when what’s on the screen doesn’t always print out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, your card is so adorable, love the little mouse!! Thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. DT - Val
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.