Wednesday 11 October 2023

Christmas Cats In Memory of Janis

 

Hello

At last, it's here .... the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge, organised by Jo at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge

Each October for the past 8 years, our dear friend Janis Woolbright of Her Peaceful Garden blog, held a week-long Cat Lovers Hop. This week was always eagerly anticipated by kitty loving crafters world-wide and Janis made it a very special week of fun where new friendships were forged. Sadly, Janis passed away in January this year.

Jo consulted with Janis's son and they agreed upon this one -off challenge to honour and remember this truly remarkable lady.

The challenge is running until the last day of October. You can enter up to 6 cards. 

There's a whole host of generous sponsors. Winners will be chosen at random, but you have to be in it to win it, so link up your Christmas kitty cards, leave some comments or just display the above badge on your blog and other social media to be in with a chance of winning. Oh, and don't forget to sign up in the comments section of Day 1.

Jo has some helpers to showcase the companies sponsoring the challenge, so there will be plenty of eye candy and inspiration.

Head over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge blog and take a look.

The link up page for Christmas Cat cards is here.

***

Today is my day to share some cards made with stamps from one of the sponsors - Inkylicious.

At last year's Cat Lovers Hop I was lucky to win a mini pack from Inkylicious, a family run stamp company in the UK. I used the stamp set, Christmas Cats on a Branch, that I won along with a few other Inkylicious stamps to makes some cards:


I use torn paper to make the horizon and the snow hills, inking lightly with grey inks and adding glitter pen at the end. The moon was created with the Moonscape Stamp and StencilThe twiggy branches around the card comes from the branches in the Winter Birds stamp set. I also used Bare Branches and embossed in white:. You might just see some pine trees in the distance, for this I used an old, discontinued, twinchie pine tree stamp.
Here's a close up of the Christmas cats eagerly awaiting Santa Paws:


I'd like to play in the following challenges:

Crazy for Cats #12 AG 27/10
Aud Sentiments Challenge #306 Ink Blending 28/10
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #79 Christmas Cats 31/10
We Love Stamping Oct AG 01/11

***
This is a similar, but more simplistic card:


The Christmas Cats on a Branch are the focal point and Bare Branches was used as a filler stamp and embossed in white.


***

On this card I used the Santa and sleigh from Christmas Cats on a Branch


I used one of the Curious Cats and the tip of the Rye Grass stamp for scrub vegetation. I also used the Sun/Moon stencils on this one.


I'd like to play in the following challenges:

Critter Crazy #79 Critter 24/10 DT Favourite
Crafty Animals #77 AG 26/10
SUYP #93 Furrything Goes 31/10 Winner

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I can't tell you how much I love these cards. Your attention to detail just makes them magical and so beautiful. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic and gorgeous stamping cards Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love all your black kitties cards. My daughter has always had a black cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your black kitties cards, what a darling stamp of them on a branch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm so impressed by all your cards, they are amazing! LOVE the magical scenes you created, they look really precious with all the wonderful details!!
    The cats are fabulous, great use of your winning! I have had a black cat years ago, so loved.
    I would like so much if you would enter one of your cards also at our https://www.welovestamping.co.uk/ Anything goes is always allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Carole, these all look amazing! You are the queen of creating stamped scenes! I haven't been able to master this type of card yet so I really enjoy seeing yours and trying to figure out how you do it! Beautiful work as always and such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little black kitties in both cards just stood out to me (my heart). How gorgeous watching Santa ride away. I absolutely love when a card tells a story and both your cards do. Wow on your backgrounds! Very talented work here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all amazing Carol, but the one you have entered in We Love Stamping is absolutely stunning, and the colours in the sky also fit part of the (optional) colours in the mood board!!
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super collection of Cat inspired card, thanks so much for sharing one with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. I adore the little scene you have created. You have posted your card on the We Love Stamping Challenge but haven't done a link listing on your posting. Hugs Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the link to the 'We Love Stamping' challenge is under the first sample card in my post. There are 2 sets of links for 2 different cards.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Carol I didn't notice, I was so struck with how awesome they all were, I missed it.xx

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous works of art, Carole. Always enjoy your creativity; it's just wonderful. Love all the adorable, pretty scenes you created here. Janis would be in awe, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous. They are like miniature paintings. I'm so glad we could connect again through the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each one of these is absolutely amazing! Just wonderful!
    xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all three cards and I always love watching cats in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Christmas card Carole! Love your background that you created. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are stunning!
    So pretty backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW absolutely stunning, I love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.