Thursday 10 October 2024

Gecko Galz: Dark and Beautiful

 

Hello

A reminder that this month we host the Gecko Galz Blog Hop
24th to 27th October

This month the customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog is 

All Things Dark and Beautiful..


As always, we also have the monthly card challeng.ethe monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog pageWe also have the new quarterly challenge.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

***

It's my DT day today, at Gecko Galz and here are my makes..

First is a set of ATCs:


I used the Nosferatu ATCs as backgrounds and images from the Day of the Dead card toppers.

I attached the fussy cut image through a cut in the window background. The stained glass has Glossy Accents added, so that it looks like a jewel. The image is on foam tape for dimension. A lacy die cut border was adhered at the base of each card and a row of black gems applied to the top of each card.


I fussy cut a sentiment from Words in the Dark into three parts and tucked it into the lacy die border.

And here is one of the ATCs just placed on a die cut frame to show that each one would make a lovely greeting card.



Next I have an altered tin:


I used the Gothic Beauties Tin Toppers.
This is the front of the tin, nothing fancy, just the image:


And the interior:


And this is what I'll be storing inside it. My collection of Halloween charm:


Really, I'm not that into dark and dramatic, and I can't resist googly eyes - I thought they looked charming on the skellies:


***

I made a slider book. I have a blog post with details and photos 
here:


***

And finally a couple of digital art collages:


Here I have one of the Dark Library images along with a Victorian Gothic Lady. The  sentiment is from the Words in the Dark collage sheet.

***


And this one is an older collage sheet image with skulls and roses from the Gothic Beauties tin toppers.

***
That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our 'All Things Dark and Beautiful' challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a bespoke digital prize. 
Do come and join us!



I'll be back on the 24th October as part of the 
Gecko Glaz Blog Hop.
And then again in November with another challenge theme and my Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "All Things Dark and Beautiful"
Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.