I have been adding to my Rubber Dance stamps and last week this awesome set of Textured Sea Creatures arrived along with the Doodle Borders Set 1.
Over at the Rubber Dance blog and Facebook group they have a monthly colour challenge and I thought I would make a card for that with these new sets.
Here is my card:
I tried several backgrounds before I settled on this one. It was so easy to make - just a stencil, some Prussian Blue and Lime Green Brushos powders and a spritz of water. When it was dry I added a spritz of iridescent gold Glimmer Mist for a bit of sparkle. I stamped the leafy Doodle Borders in shades of blue and green, opting for both distress inks and archival inks. White paint splatters were flicked over the entire background, then I edged the background with a touch Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and then the tiniest amount of Faded Jeans.
The seahorses, sand dollars and star fish were coloured with Copic markers and given some white Posca pen highlights. They were glued directly onto the background.
That's all from me today.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
* Crafty Cardmakers #238 Here Comes Summer 28/07
* Lavinia World Challenges AG 29/07 Honourable Mention
* Addicted to Stamps #351 AG 30/07
Rubber Dance Colour Challenge 31/07
* Cardz 4 Galz #101 Sun Sea and Sand 31/07
* Moving Along With The Times #102 Splish Splash 31/07
* QKR Stampede #358 AG 01/08
*A Place to Start July AG 03/08 TOP SPROUT
* The Library Craft Challenge Gift from the Sea 10/08
* Crafty Creations #395 AG 12/08