Monday 22 July 2019

Vera Lane Studio: Flower Lover


Hello!

It's my DT day over at Vera Lane Studio today. Janet has a new released out today called Flower Lover. It comprises of two adorable girls and one lovely sentiment.

I used the girl with the bouquet and the sentiment to create my project and I teamed her with some of the Floral Burst images that were released last Tuesday. Here is my card:


As usual, I coloured my images with Copic markers and added some white Posca pen highlights. I fussy cut the images and ran a black marker around the edges.
The background is brayered with PaperArtsy chalky acrylic paints in Butternut, Candy Floss and Mermaid. I added some Snowflake to tone the colours down, then spritzed some Glimmer Mist over the entire background.  Modelling paste was added through an AAll & Create Stencil (#59) and some Flanel Grey stamping added mainly to the edges of the background. The edges were inked with black archival ink.


I tore some polka dot washi tape to ground the images, then glued the orange flower directly onto the background, leaving the petals free. I popped the pink flower head on foam pads. The bouquet girl is also raised on foam pads. I used one of the Flower Burst flower head images as a sun. Finally, I cut the sentiment into strips and glued to the background. 



Flower Lover                Floral Burst
      
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

PIP Challenge #1929 AG 29/07
Lemon Shortbread #98 AG 29/07
Polkadoodles #29 AG 29/07 DT Favourite

Creatalicious #167 AG 31/07
Love to Scrap #123 AG 31/07
Love to Craft #36 AG 31/07
Get Creative #82 AG 01/08
Cutie Pie Challenge #137 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 06/08
Creative Inspirations July AG 06/08
Crafty Creations #395 AG 13/08



***

13 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love those little girls. The flowers are a wonderful addition to this card. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! That background color scheme is so perfect for the oranges you have in your focal images. I love it.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Love the colours and wonderful design. Thank you for playing along at Creative inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love that little girl she is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this.....stunning card and the coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, the little girl is so cute and the blooms are lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for joining us for Week #29 at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is such a sweet bundle of joy. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!!!! I love your colouring and I think you're very courageous to fussy cut so many different elements!!!! Bravo, I just LOVE it!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo cute card. Love the background and the cute girl! Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again
    soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, super cute...Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional bright & fun” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.