Monday 8 July 2019

* Vera Lane Studio: Summer Postcard


Hello!

We've had some lovely weather this week and that put me in the mood for making a summer postcard. This month at Vera Lane Studio, our Facebook group swap is a Summer Postcard. Any VLS images that speak of the summer season on a 6 x 4 inch postcard - simple! 
If you'd like to join us you'll be very welcome!

Here is what I made:


I love these older sets - I used Beach Love for the tent, Beach Club for my two girls and the sentiment, and Sunny for the sun. The little bird is from Lovely Garden and the black and white border is from Circles and Stems.

I made the background by swiping a Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink pad across the card, then I swiped Fossilised Amber above it. I spritzed the card with water to move the inks around, then dried them. Next I made puddles of Distress Oxide on my craft mat and dabber the card into these, then dried again. I added some splashes of water, let it sit for a short while, then blotted them with paper towel to get some bleached out spots. I added some stamping with Carved Pumpkin and used my finger to add some gold paint around the edges. I also added some gold splashes. It's a pity the gold doesn't show up in the photo because it really looks lovely and adds some shimmer.
I coloured the images with Copic markers, then fussy cut them, leaving a thin white border. Everything was glued directly onto the postcard.
I placed the postcard beneath a pile of books to straighten it out and will probably add another piece of card to the back to strengthen it so that it will travel safely through the mail system.

Beach Love           Beach Club            Sunny 
 

    

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

A Gem Of a Challenge #13 AG 15/07
PIP Challenges #1927 AG 15/07
We Love 2 Create #7 AG 21/07
*Crafting from the Heart #247 AG 21/07
DL ART Thankful Thursday #245 Summer 26/07
A Perfect Time to Craft July AG 28/07
Brown Sugar #291 AG 30/07 TOP 3
Classic Design Team Challenge July AG 31/07
The Happy Craft Challenge July AG 31/07
Crafters Castle #19 AG 31/07
Love to Scrap #123 AG 31/07



***

11 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your postcard is gorgeous. It is so bright and summery I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, love the scene! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is cool! Again, love the orange - how summery does this postcard look.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute postcard Carole, so summery, makes me want to go somewhere warmer. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Great images and great background! I love the addition of white pen to your coloring. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTSCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/Wow thank you for sharing, super cute card, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create, Good luck, hugs TErry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Summer card with awesome bright colors .... Thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE this week, hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun and bright! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color! Thanks for playing with us at PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.