Monday 31 August 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Rainbow Bridge


Hello!

Today at Vera Lane Studio there is a new digi set release called The Rainbow Bridge.  

I think I must be a little superstitious as I've been dreading the release day, thinking that something might happen to my elderly cat. Thankfully, he's still with us and is doing fine, despite being on daily medication. I hope he stays this way for a long time to come.

Here is my project with The Rainbow Bridge:



I coloured the images with Copics and fussy cut them, leaving a thin white border. The background is stamped with one of Janet's stencils, #97 Starry Night, using Distress Oxides in Antique Linen and Pumice Stone. Grunge Paste was then applied through the stencil for some texture and white paint splatters were added. I finished the background by stamping text from #338 Background Noise in Hickory Smoke and inking around the edges.




Janet Klein's quirky characters are now available in stamps from AALL & Create. She also has a range of stencils and background stamps.

Starry Night                              Background Noise
     

That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafting Happiness #64 AG 06/09
Always Fun #178 Cute Critters 06/09
A Gem of a Challenge #18 AG 08/09
Cardz TV #122 AG 10/09
INTAS #91 Include an Animal 12/09
Crafty Cardmakers #262 Things with Wings 13/09


***

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is gorgeous. I do hope you have your beloved cat for a long time to come. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant way to celebrate a lost friend. I know a friend of mine sent me A Rainbow Bridge card, using clipart and a photo of my dog when I lost him. It meant so much to me. I cried buckets! This is another beautiful way to share your sympathy. Wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Carole fabulous colouring and colours and I love the texture flowers and the cat head with wings adds that quirky fun-ness..I LOVE it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges this week.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwe, your card is so pretty! I love your angel wings! Thank you for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute cate and glad yours is still enjoying life! Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Jennie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw it is a lovely bright card, and will surely make the person who has lost their fur baby feel better. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers challenge this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.