Monday 26 October 2020

Cat Lovers Hop: Day 1 - Happy Cat


 Hello!

Today is the start of the Cat Lovers Blog Hop and I am so delighted to be taking part again!

I would like to thank Janis from Her Peaceful Garden for hosting the Blog Hop each year.  She does a tremendous job and is supported by many repeat sponsors.

This year is the sixth hop and it's a crazy week filled with crafting, commenting and celebrating cats of all sizes. There are fabulous sponsors and prizes to be won, but best of all, friendships to be forged with like minded cat lovers from around the world. 
Why don't you come and join us?

Here's Casey, my kitty, with a little message for you all!


Here is my first card using Happy Cat from Lost Coast Designs:


I made an autumnal, inky background by smooshing card in distress oxides, one colour at a time. I used Fossilised Amber, Carved Pumpkin, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo. Some water droplets bleach out some colour and white acrylic ink was splattered over the entire background using a fan bush. The background floral stamps are from Antique Botanicals by Rubber Dance Art Stamps. They are stamped in Fired Brick and Vintage Brown to blend into the background and also in black as an edging frame for the focal image.
The beautiful tabby cat from Lost Coast Designs had its first inking - it was inked directly onto the background and also onto white card. The white card one was fussy cut and adhered over the one on the background. 
I added some torn, striped washi tape to ground my cat and inked around the edges in black.

That's all for now!
Pop over to see what the others cat lovers have been up to
click here


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

 My Time to Craft #443 Halloween/Cats 29/10
Moving Along with the Times #123 Animals/Birds 30/10
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Furry Friends 31/10
Love to Craft Oct AG 31/10
SUYP #59 01/11
SSS Monday Challenge Inspired by Movie (CATS) 02/11
Cardz TV #126 AG 05/11


I love feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

37 comments:

  1. The background is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab background!

    Popped over from Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Stunning background you created for this adorable kitty. No wonder he's smiling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, amazing cat and all design.
    Hi from Cat lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just gorgeous! You have a wonderful eye! purrfect for a cat lover's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kitty's message. Too cute!!! Also your cat stamp looks just like my cat Goose - He squeezes up his eyes just like that. I guess many cats do. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole your card is gorgeous, That kitty is magnificent. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic video message from Casey, Carole, and I love, love, LOVE the card! So good to see you at the Cat Lovers Hop again. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love that background and sweet cat, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! Great mix of stamps! Your cat is so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! Casey's little message!! I was not expecting that LOL.... I was captivated and it left me smiling :) Gorgeous card and that image is devine! Having fun hopping with Cat Lovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA! Your cat Casey is so cute! Loved the little video of her too! And your card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love the smug look on the cat's face - it knows beyond doubt it is the most beautiful part of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost bought that cat from Lost Coast Designs! It's a beautiful image, and just makes me smile. Your background is so gorgeous, and I love the washi tape ground.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Casey is pretty talented! That was so cute and fun! And your card... absolutely STUNNING! I need to learn how to make this type of background! You are so talented, Carole, always such a pleasure to visit your blog! So happy to see you at the hop again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hug Ginny
    SUYP Cats Challenges.
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your cat design! So happy to participate in the Cat Lovers Hop with you this year!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carole, I love your happy Autumn inspired cat! The look on his face is priceless!
    Warm Hugs,
    Michele K. Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your gorgeous inked background! It looks amazing and that cat stamp is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh Casey is brilliant, I love her wee squeaky voice. Your card is fab, what a great cat on the front, hopping by via the #2020CatLoversHop, Hazel(Didos) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card! I adore the cat's expression! Such a fantastic background too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful background and cat image! Love the card you created! And thanks to Casey for the nice message!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That background is awesome and that image is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Carol! The cat stamp is one of my favorites and your background is fabulous. Just a terrific card. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness! Love your talking Casey! Thank you; that was so sweet! Give Casey pets for me! Love your card also! Your color blending is gorgeous, and your card is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this cat, brilliant background too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a very talented and photogenic kitty you have there! No stage-fright there at all. Casey needs to pursue a career! :)
    Love your fabulous card, Carole. That cat image is fantastic and looks amazing against your wonderful background!
    Thank you so much for participating in the #2020CatLoversHop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. FURRtastic kitty cat make!
    Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I totally love that tabby and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card, and Casey is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This big happy cat would make anyone smile. I can almost hear him purr.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome card and your Casey's message made me laugh. So adorable and fun! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy cat is just awesome and I love the background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the background for this fabulous cat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.