Tuesday 20 October 2020

Gecko Galz: Happy Haunting 2


Hello!

Here at Gecko Galz we are looking forward to the Tricks and Treats Blog Hop which starts on the 29th October. There are 15 blogs for you to visit, each one giving away a free collage sheet. We will have lots of inspiration and many chances to win prizes, so please pop the date in your diary and come and join us.

This month's theme for the customer challenge is Happy Haunting
With this in mind I made two little altered journal covers using some of the 'darker' Gecko Galz images. I'm not a huge fan of horror or dark arts, but there are some really beautiful characters on the two collage sheets that I used to select my journal images from.


This first journal cover used an image from the Hello Darkness My Old Friend collage sheet. Isn't she stunningly beautiful? 
I started by painting the kraft journal cover with black acrylic paint. The woman image is on top of orange paper from the Booyah ATC set which in turn is upon black paper from the Never More ATC Set. I used a new-to-me Impresslit set to make the lattice borders from black card and also the damask banner beneath the image. Pearl trim was added along with a quote from the Words in the Dark collage set. I made some beaded cords to thread through the spiral binding. 
I am quite pleased with how this turned out. It will be a useful little book to write down my DT commitments for next year.

Here is my second altered journal:


This started as a kraft coloured pocket notebook. The edges of the notebook were coloured black, then skull paper from the Frightful and Delightful ATC set was used. I chose the image from the Dark Souls collage sheet and clear embossed it. I adhered it on top of some black trimmed added a string of pearls to the spine side of the cover. I chose a different quote from the Words in the Dark collage sheet. I dyed some flowers with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and adhered them along the image adding tiny pearls to the flower centres. I found a silver skull charm in my stash and added that as well. I made a string wrap around closure and added some silver coloured beads.
***
I made two cards for my post on the 1st October. They are a little bit different, in that they are interactive and showcase how to make a simple pop-up card and a slightly more sophisticated peek-a-boo card. This is one of the four challenges in our Facebook group this month, where the winners will win Gecko Galz collage sheets.
The cards are below and you can read about them and see the process photos in this post here.

Peek-a-boo card:



***
Pop-up card:



That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Happy Haunting Challenge where the Winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 29th October with more Gecko Galz projects for the Blog Hop.


Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments #262 Halloween 26/10
Penny's Challenges #482 AG 27/10
Double Trouble Challenge Bat Colour Challenge 31/10
The PaperGirls Challenge #210 Halloween 31/10
Incy Wincy Designs Halloween 31/10


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects Carole! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what amazing journal pages! I love the bewitching Halloween images and the beautiful details that you created - perfect 😀. Such fun cards too! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your journal covers, they definitely fit the "happy haunting" theme! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a variety of Halloween projects between your journals and cards... beautiful, spooky and cute. Hope you can share with us at Double Trouble (link is on The Paper Girls challenge post).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant projects. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic projects and especially so, since using the darker images isn't really your 'thing'. I love the wonderful contrast you've managed, with just the right amount of bling. Thanks for sharing these with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all are amazing projects, and using such interesting bits and pieces. Thanks for entering our fall/halloween challenge at Incy Wincy Designs, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those journal covers are terrific - I especially love the background details on the first one. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set of Halloween projects. Thank you for entering the Halloween and/or Autumn/Fall Colours Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful projects, you are so creative. Thanks so much for entering the Aud Sentiments challenge, sorry it's taken me a while to catch up with all my comments, life has just been too hectic! Keep safe
    Jenny (Ginger Ninja Crafts) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.