Monday 18 October 2021

* Path of Positivity: Peeping Tom

   

Hello!

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of October.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Fall into a Book.

Prizes this month include:
  • FOUR images from Ike's Artour guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Our optional theme this month is 
Fall into a Book.

We want you to make a project inspired by a book or a story. Getting lost in a good book is a great way to relax and find some positivity. The written word can transport you to many places, whether fictional or non-fictional. Sit back, open a book and let it lead you down the Path of Positivity.

I used Peeping Tom from Ike's Art to make my project. 

My friend gave me a book for my birthday. The book is called 'A Street Cat Named Bob' by James Bowen. It's a two part omnibus and contains the sequel, 'The World According to Bob'. Bob was a ginger cat and he choose James, a young man recovering from a drug addiction and living in sheltered accommodation, to be his owner. They became local celebrities busking and then selling The Big Issue on the streets of London.  It's a really heart warming, autobiographical story. A film, by the same name, was released.

I have always loved cats and have had at least one in my life for most of my life. Recently my kitty passed away and now there is such a void in my life and it has to be said that our house feels a little empty. We will most likely adopt another kitty or two in time, but for now we are having a little freedom to travel around. 




My cat is coloured with Copic markers and die cut. Whilst the die was still in place I used Antique Linen and blended ink into the background. I matted it onto black card. The background was stamped with Distress Oxides applied to a stencil and spritzed with water. I used Fossilised Amber and Rusty Hinge Oxides and love the way it turned out. I added some stamping to frame the background and popped the image on top at an angle. I'm going to add this to my loose leaf journal.

I wasn't sure whether to include a close up photo or not - my fur colouring technique leaves a lot to be desired. My crafty friend, Annabel Hayes has brilliant colouring tutorials on colouring fur with pencils - pity I was using Copics :)  

A Street Cat Named Bob


If, like me, you love cats, then please come to visit the Cat Lovers Hop over at The Peaceful Garden Blog. It starts on the 25th October and there are loads of fabulous sponsors and many super prizes. It is a wonderful community too! 

Many thanks to Ike's Art, this month's guest sponsor,



and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!

The link up is here: Challenge #95 Path of Positivity.


That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
PIP Challenges #2124 AG 24/10
Critter Crazy #55 AG 25/10
Crafty Animals #55 AG 27/10
Creative Fingers #217 AG 29/10
Ike's World 149 AG 31/10
SUYP #71 AG Cats 31/10
Corrosive Challenges #10 AG 31/10
Cute Card Thursday #693 AG 03/11

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous. Gorgeous colouring and an amazing background.
    I loved the Street Cat named Bob book :-D
    Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you all.
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges and I hope you will also come and play at my Cats Only Challenge.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing card, love the background and your cat-colouring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Critter Crazies, come back soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty. Love this. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge. kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome creation! I love it .. and what an amazing colouration! Wow...

    Thanks for playing along with our Critter Crazy Challenges and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely adorable is this!!! The eyes have it. Your background is beautiful and perfect colors for your impeccably colored image. thanks for joining Ike's World Challenge. Be blessed always, Samara DT IWC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Carole! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Ike’s World. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Ike’s World
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.