Friday 1 April 2022

Gecko Galz: Spring Muse

 

 Hello

I have 3 posts today:
Post 1: Garden Child for Gecko Galz
Post 2: Spring Muse  (this one) for Gecko Galz
Post 3 Teddy for Crafts Galore Encore
***

I am back to tell you about a new challenge we are running at the Gecko Galz blog.

 It is a challenge using vintage digital stamps. The stamp is free to collect on the blog here.

This month the image is a charming woman and this time the challenge is a technique one where you need to get out your tools and supplies and make a fun, springtime project . 

The winner will be randomly drawn and will win a Gecko Galz stamp set

I made a journal page with the image:


In this 4 x 6 inch journal I always make the page on card, then adhere it to the journal page.
I made my background by stamping and heat embossing in white. I gradually added colour by smooshing, dipping and dabbing the card into Distress Oxide puddles - I did the blues first at the top, then when this was dry, I worked on the greens. I added white paint splatters and inked around the edges with black archival ink.
I fussy cut the lady from her background and inked around the edges to get rid of any white card. She is adhered to the page and strips of torn washi tape ground her. I also added some torn washi around the edges for a little more definition.
I added a Small Talk sticker sentiment to finish off the page. 


That's all for now!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog and collect the free digi stamp (available for April only) if you would like to play along in the challenge.

I hope you'll join our Garden Child Challenge too where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 20th March with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Garden Child"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.