Sunday 1 January 2023

* GDT for Stamping Sensations: Beauty in Simplicity


 Hello

Happy New Year!

(This is project 2 of 3 for today.) 

I was a lucky winner at Stamping Sensations in November and was delighted to be invited to be GDT for January.

The theme for January is 'Add some Sparkle' and that's exactly what I did:


I stamped a scene using beautiful Lavinia Stamps (the swirls and trees are new to me) and inked the sky and snow with Elements inks. 
I added some WOW White Tinsel embossing powders on the swirl stamp and then added Glimmer Dust on the horizon and on the snow banks.  I finished with chunky holographic glitter dotted about randomly.
I flicked some white ink to represent snowfall and edged the card with sparkle. I chose a sticker sentiment from the Idea-ology Small Talk set.

Thank you to Stamping Sensations for having me as a GDT.

I hope you'll pop over to their challenge blog and enter your sparkly projects.

That's all for now.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

*Creatalicious Challenges #250 AG/Use something new 14/01 Top 3
MMM Challenge #191 Something New 15/01
The Four Seasons Challenge Jan Winter 25/01
A Perfect Time to Craft #1 AG 27/01 DT Favourite
Crafty Animals #68 27/01
613 Avenue Create Jan AG/Winter 31/01 TOP ROCKER
We Love Stamping January Favourite Colours 31/01 Top 3
(Any bright colours, but particularly oranges & greens)
Once Upon a Time Challenges #6 Snowy Day 31/01
The book title is what inspired me.
NBUS Challenge #46 Jan 31/01

19 comments:

  1. A delightful card with depth of colour and sparkle Carole. So pleased you joined us as our Guest Designer this month, thank you so much.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Carol, love this. Happy New Year Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card Carole, Happy New Year

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scene and amazing sky. Bet the sparkle is very special in real life. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I saw this on A Perfect Time to Craft and had to come take a better look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning,love your frosty scene,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is awesome, such fabulous scene and colouring!! The snow banks have a stunning dimension with your inking and the Glimmer Dust, I thought that were made with torn paper. Delightful sparkling swirls !The whole scene looks delightful, love any detail you put on it!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping! And congrats for your well deserved GD at SSS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, this is so beautiful! I'm a newbie to Lavinia, but am hooked. You made a most inspiring card here. I spotted it at NBUS. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card, fantastic background and wonderful winter scene.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunningly beautiful scene you have created!! I have some new Lavinia stamps but have yet to use them, guess I had better get them out, what a great inspiration piece!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win and being GD, Carole! Your scenic card is so striking with all the schparkle and that outstanding skyline! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on you win and GDT.Fabulous scene and love all the sparkle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty scene card with lots of sparkle and sweet bunnies. Thanks for sharing your animals with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! This is a beauty and the sparkle just adds even more loveliness to it. Thanks for being our GDT and thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a beautiful winter scene - love all the different kinds of sparkle you created and your wonderful sky colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I haven’t seen the tree stamps or the swirls yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my ONCE UPON A TIME challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol your card is so beautiful! Definitely a winner in my eyes! Thanks for joining in on our challenge at A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card! Love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.