Monday 23 January 2023

Path of Positivity: Mindfulness

 

Hello

Welcome to the midway reminder for the January Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by a word collage.

Honours and Prizes include:
  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.
At this time of year I always think about my health and lifestyle. I try to eat healthily all the time, but there are always times when temptation gets in the way. Equally important is our mental health and that's what my project is focusing upon. 
Mindfulness; living in the moment; noticing what is going on and letting it go; catching negative thoughts before they spiral; breathing; meditating; being kind to yourself; relaxing .... calmness. We all deserve that!

Here is my project:


Like my previous Path of Positivity post, I created the word collage using an online programme from Word Art.com which you can find here. It is quite simple to use: choose a shape, a font, a colour and fill boxes with the words that you want to feature. If you are not happy with the format, simply click 'Visualise' again and a new version will be generated. This way you decide which your focal  words are.
This is the word cloud that I settled for with my Mindfulness words. 
You may use it if you wish, but please credit Word Art.com if you do :)

I chose a circle shape for my word cloud and it came with a coloured background. Once printed, I used a die cut circle to cover the word cloud circle and added inks, blending with brushes until they merge with the cloud background. I then added some white heat embossed foliage around the edges.
I used a beautiful digi stamp from Vera Lane Studio, called XOXO, and coloured it with Copic markers. I popped a Small Talk sticker sentiment onto the card as grounding for the girl and decided to add some washi tape as well. The wording on the sticker sentiment is how  we should strive to feel when life isn't getting in the way (as it often does). 


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #108 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Calendar Add a sentiment 28/01
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2303 AG 29/01
Creative Crafters #60 AG 08/02
Love to Craft #1 Jan AG 15/02

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo


8 comments:

  1. A lovely card, this time of year is always difficult with the darker days and cold weather to get motivated, roll-on Spring I say!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, a fun card and love the word art background with the inks around it. Thannk you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card Carol, I love Vera Lane stamps and the wordy background that you have created and merged into your card is brilliant.. love this. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge Blog
    Big Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card - love the word collage.

    Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, great word cloud. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is a great reminder card to send to someone. Love how you incorporated the word art in. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.