Monday 9 January 2023

Path of Positivity: January Word Collage Calendar

  

Hello

Welcome to the January Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by a word collage.

Honours and Prizes include:
  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.

Here is my project:


I created the word collage using an online programme from Word Art.com which you can find here. It was quite simple to use: choose a shape, a font, a colour and fill boxes with the words that you want to feature. If you are not happy with the format, simply click 'Visualise' again and a new version will be generated. This way you decide upon your focal words and their position in the cloud.
This is the word cloud that I settled for with my winter words. 
You may use it if you wish, but please credit Word Art.com if you do :)


I decided to make a January calendar page with the winter word collage. 
I used a cute, pre-coloured digi called Hat Tipping Snowman from Fred She Said. Luckily it is in .png format and has a transparent background, so it was popped over the right side of word collage. I found a calendar online at Print A Calendar.com and used the Numbers digi stamps from Vera Lane Studio for the year.
Once it had all been printed, I coloured the numbers with Copics and used a Lavinia stencil and Distress Oxides to add colour to the background. I added some white splatters for snow, then I matted it on to silver glitter card and then on to black card.


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #108 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafters Cafe AG 12/01
Cutie Pie Challenge #178 January Blues 31/01

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous calendar page Carole, I love the word art and fun snowman image. Thankfully no snow here for January but the month is young!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to make a card. It looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing it, and how you created it, at PIP Challenges!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog
    Big Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pies. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great calendar page - I really like the word collage idea.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.