Sunday 1 January 2023

Gecko Galz: Through the Looking Glass

 

 Hello

Happy New Year!

(This is project 1 of 3 for today.) 

January has arrived, heralding a brand new year. 
I hope your's is a happy and healthy one.

 We have a new customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog.  
The theme this month is Through the Looking Glass.

As always, we also have the monthly Image Challenge, the monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog page.
And, new for this year, we have a quarterly challenge - the current one being make a Junk Journal - which ends on February 26th.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

Here is one of the cards I made.
(the rest will be featured here on my DT day, the 20th January.)


I love this quirky image of Alice with the white rabbit and the mad hatter. It is from the Wonderland Adventures collage set. I used the card sketch from one of our Facebook challenges for the design, changing just a couple of details. The background paper comes from the Wonderland ATC set. I added some  swirly, vine stamping in Antique Linen and also heat embossed in white to add a little more interest and detail to the paper. Kraft card was used as for the mats and a couple of the die cut banners. The image is popped on foam tape for dimension.  I made the paper flower and die cut the leaves.


Wonderland Adventures                    Wonderland ATC set

 

That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Through the Looking Glass challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 20th January with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Through the Looking Glass"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Ally's Angels #65 AG 09/01
QKR Stampede #458 AG 14/01
Mix It Up Challenge #63 AG/No Stamping 15/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

4 comments:

  1. Great card. I hope we will be back so I can enter the January challenges- although I might do some digital ones and print them when we get back for my Alice journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, that focal point with Alice et all is fantastic! I can see why you like it. Your creation looks amazing! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quirky image for Alice in Wonderland works wonderfully on your card. Love all the layers too. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.