Monday 6 February 2023

Path of Positivity: Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal


Hello

Welcome to the February Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by fashion.

Honours and Prizes include:
  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.
 This was a difficult theme for me. 
In the end, after a lot of too-ing and fro-ing, I settled for a Julie Nutting doll stamp called Frida to be my focal point:


I stamped Frida onto white card and stamped her again onto patterned paper so that I could paper piece her dress. I coloured the rest of the doll with Copic markers. I added some shadows to her dress and fussy cut her.
I made two backgrounds using Distress Oxide inks through stencils. I added lots of stamping in various shades of greens and some white splatters. I added some faux stitching to the smaller background and a doodled border around the large background. The sentiment was typed and cut into a strip. I made a fabric bow and added a button as my embellishment.


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #109 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Creative Crafters #60 AG 08/02
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2305 AG 12/02
Love to Craft #1 Jan AG 15/02
Lets Craft and Create #192 Use a sentiment 28/02

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous paper pieced image and fabulous backgrounds
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! and perfect paper piecing. I love the background stamping and the papers that your chose for her dress Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
    https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.