Monday 3 April 2023

*Path of Positivity: Bright Eyes


Hello

Welcome to the April Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by literature.

Honours and Prizes include:

  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.

Where to start with literature?  
I love a good book whether it be fact or fictional and my house is a 'little bit' brimming over with them. For my first DT project I've gone with my love of rabbits in literature, mainly because I came across a lovely stamp that I've had for at least a couple of years and not yet used.. 
As a child I would read about the naughty (and now politically incorrect) Br'er Rabbit, Peter Rabbit, the Flopsy Bunnies and Benjamin Bunny from the Beatrix Potter stories , the White Rabbit and March Hare in Alice in Wonderland and, in my teens, Hazel and Fiver and their families in Watership Down.


I love this quirky 'Bunny' stamp by Melina Dahl. 
I stamped her onto card that was smooshed in Distress Oxide inks. Her collar was also stamped onto smooth white card and coloured with Copics so that it could be decoupaged. I used Posca pen to add white to the ears and eyes.
The background is a monoprint using Oxide inks on an acrylic block spritzed with water and stamped onto card. I added some background stamping and plenty paint splatters. The border and sentiment are part of the stamp set - I stamped the scalloped border onto a gelli print, fussy cut it and added to the edges of the card. I love the big 'Smile' sentiment!


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #111 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Krafty Chicks #657 AG 05/04
As You Like It People or Critters 05/04
Critters - love bunnies and bunny stories (see above) 
Allsorts Challenge #722/723 In the Spring Garden 14/04
Critter Crazy #73 AG 25/04
Challenge Up Your Life Cute Animals 27/04
Pearly Sparkles All Creatures Great and Small 27/04
Crafty Animals #71 AG 27/04
A Perfect Time to Craft April AG 28/04
A Place to Start April AG 30/04
We Love Stamping April Birds/Animals 30/04 TOP PICK
Stamping Sensations AG 30/04 TOP 3


I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. this is cute and beautiful Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whimsical and beautiful Carole - thank you for joining us at the We Love Stamping challenge this month with this gorgeous creature - and memories of rabbit stories, a lot of which I knew also.
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for our Birds and Animals optional theme at We Love Stamping many thanks for sharing and joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and background,love the quirky hare and stamped scalloped border.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful quirky bunny and your card is so bright and colourful. Certainly made me smile. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun design, Carole. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! What a wonderful rabbit, such a colourful and creative card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and gorgeous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts
    and at We Love Stamping;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this! I love the bright colors and the whimsy of it. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start!

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really beautiful, so much to see! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.