Monday 17 April 2023

* Path of Positivity: Good Day for Reading

 

Hello

Welcome to the midway reminder for the April Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by literature.

Honours and Prizes include:

  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.
This time I chose to use a beautiful new digital stamp which is part of a set called 'Book Lovers' from Beccy's Place. I love this image and the fact that the books are about botanicals and making essential oils, something that I once had an interested in. Also one of the books is a journal - I'm not good at keeping a written journal, but I have several art journals where my projects reside.
Here is my project:


I coloured the image with Copic markers and used a Lawn Fawn die to cut it out. Keeping the die in place, I used oxide inks to lightly colour the background. I used a book of patterned papers and a torn piece of mulberry paper to layer up the background. The mulberry paper layer was inspired by Bonnie Garby's lovely projects. I finished off with a teal, velvet ribbon and knot bow.

Here's a close-up of the image:


And a little look at the dimension and layers:


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #111 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Pammies Inky Pinkies #2315 AG 23/04
A Perfect Time to Craft April AG 28/04
*A Place to Start April AG 30/04
Stamping Sensations AG 30/04
Beccy's Challenges April 30/04

I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. o I love this image Carole my husband a reader gorgeous card

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, layered design and gorgeous colouring of the image too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great image and coloured perfectly, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a book lover this card really appeals to me. Love your layering. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a brilliant job with the colouring Carole, the image has really come alive. Great choice of patterned paper too, I love the mix of colours and patterns. The mulberry sheet adds some fabulous texture and softens the overall look. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely image and fabulous colouring bringing it to life.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous and so is your coloring! Wow! Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this. I'm an avid reader, so I love this sentiment on a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start.

    Sara Lihz Staroska

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicate feeling. Very nice! Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.