Monday 5 June 2023

* Path of Positivity: Pattern Play

 

Hello

Welcome to the June Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by a pattern.

Honours and Prizes include:

  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.
A pattern is a repeated decorative design.
Immediately Tracy Scott, the artist and stamp designer, sprang to mind. Tracy loves pattern play and designs stamps with this in mind. I chose two hexagon stamps from her Bee and Hexagon stamp set (TS059) and this is my design:


I repeatedly stamped the two hexagons, alternating the design each time. I coloured firstly with Inktense watercolour pencils, then when it was dry, I added depth with Polychromos. Some white highlights were added, I matted onto black card and heat embossed the sentiment. I like the simplicity of this and I love how playing with the hexagon shapes gave triangles and star shapes too :)

That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #113 Path of Positivity.

 

Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Use Your Stuff #485 AG 10/06
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2223 11/06
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #207 AG 17/06

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Great design, I had to zoom in so I could see the hexagonal behind the flower. Makes a great card. If you have this month’s newsletter forGecko Galz could you forward it to me please. I didn’t get it this time. I have filled the form in again in case my name got dropped off somehow. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to sign in, so it says anonymous! Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.