Monday 12 June 2023

* Vera Lane Studio: Beauty and the Beak


 Hello

A warm welcome to Mervi Leikas my new follower.

It is Monday, so it's my Vera Lane Studio DT day. 

I used the digi set called Beauty and the Beak for my project. 


I adore this older style 'Vera Lane Studio' girl - I think she's cute and cuddly and this sentiment is one of my all time favourites. It's true, I do love bird chirping weather, but I enjoy listening to the bird song so much more.
I used Copic markers for colouring the images. I found this acrylic gelli print in my stash (an AALL & Create stencil was used in the process of making it) and I added some stamping and heat embossing, using AALL & Create stamps, along with lots of white splatters. I borrowed a cloud from the My Vespa digi set and I cut the legs off two of the reverse printed birds so that they appear to be flying. I added a doodle border.

I only realised once I had finished colouring that I had printed my digis in draft form, so the lines are not as crisp as they should be.

Here is a close up of the lovely girl:



That's all for now.

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Here's all the info you need:

AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets, stencils and Washi Tape. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Allsorts Challenge #732 AG 16/06 TOP 5
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2323 AG 18/06
A Perfect Time to Craft June AG 28/06
Classic Design Challenge June AG 27/06
613 Avenue Create June Good Old Summer Time 30/06 Top Rocker

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. beautiful bg and card Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A colourful fun card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is fabulous and so is this wonderful garden scene.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous scene and she is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable. Love the colours and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so beautifully! Love all the pretty colors and perfect sentiment to go with the scene!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the grunge/distress background on your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.