Wednesday 1 November 2023

Gecko Galz: Victorian Elegance


Hello
and welcome to my blog :)

November is here already and we have a new customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog.  
The theme this month is Victorian Fantasy.. 

As always, we also have the monthly card challeng.ethe monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog page.
We also have the quarterly challenge where this time we're asking you to make an altered shrine.. 
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

***

I made a small accord book. I altered the colour of some paper from the Victorian Kit - I like this damask fabric appearance and made it several colour ways.


The papers (with digitally altered colours) inside are from the Victorian Kit and the Signs of Yesterday ATC set. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo ink. I had some tea dyed papers in my stash and I used lacy dies to cut borders. The ladies are from the Pretty Victorians collage set.


There are probably thousands of hilarious Victorian words that have been lost over time. We Brits have always been good at coming up with nonsense terms to describe everyday things and I used a few here as my sentiments. 

So my little chuckaboos. Stop your mafficking and nanty narking for a moment and head below if you want to know the meaning of these darling words and a few more of my favourites.


Afternoonified: a fancy high-society word meaning ‘smart’ 
Butter upon bacon: Too much extravagance
Chuckaboo: A nickname given to a close friend 
Doing the Bear: courting that involves hugging 
Gigglemug: constantly smiling or grinning 
Got the morbs: being temporary melancholy 
Lollygag: waste time or dawdle. 
Mafficking: getting rowdy in the streets
Nanty Narking: having a lot of fun 
Podsnappery: wilful determination to ignore the objectionable or inconvenient, at the same time assuming airs of superior virtue and noble resignation.
Tickety-boo: all good
Umble-cum-stumble: thoroughly understood 

This is the front of my book with a button and thread closure:


***


Products Used:


  

That's all for now!

I hope you'll join our Victorian Fantasy challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a bespoke digita prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 20th November with more Gecko Galz projects.
Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Victorian Fantasy"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Penny's Challenges #558 AG 07/11
Use Your Stuff #496 AG 11/11

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, great design Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carole, how delightful and so pretty! I love your accord book. I also love the Victorian phrases too! Hugs Zowie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Carole, I LOVE all of the vintage words and their meanings. Such fun added to create this beautiful project! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Challenge Dt Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.