Sunday 12 August 2018

Gecko Galz: By the Shore


Hello!

This month at the Gecko Galz blog we have a beach theme. The challenge is Beach Blanket BingoHave you joined in yet this month? If not, there's still plenty time and you can find new inspiration from the DT and free vintage stamps every couple of days on the blog.

 Here is a card I made:


I did some fussy cutting from the collage sheets to compose this collage card. Some elements were resized prior to printing (ship's wheel and turtle). Each element was inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and adhered directly onto the card or placed on foam pads to give some dimension.

Here is what I used:
Paper: Tiny Bubbles from La Isla Bonita paper pack
Images: Girl from Beauties on the Beach, Ships wheel from Beachy Jewels (enlarged) and turtle from Seaside Splendour Kit
Sentiment: Simply Sentiments stamp set
Bingo Card: free (recoloured) with June 2018 Gecko Galz Newsletter (sign up on the blog)
Own Stash: white card base, red card, Vintage Photo ink and blender, hessian trim.



****
Next I made an altered tin:

 

The tin was a fish tin - quite apt, I think! 
I've admired tiny works of art placed inside tins for a while, but never tried it until now! My attempt was a bit hit and miss, but I am quite happy with how it turned out!
I gave the tin a coat of gesso, then painted the inside and edges with blue acrylic paint. When this was dry, I glued printed Tim Holtz tissue paper over the outside of the tin with Mod Podge and, once dry, I gave it a wash of brown acrylic paint.

  

The back the tin has some swirly patterned Gecko Galz digital paper - it's called Ocean Tide from the La Isla Bonita paper pack. The seahorse is a stamp from the Splish Splash digital stamp set, coloured with Copic markers. I didn't want the seahorse to be at the back of the tin, so I added some squares of cardboard (about 5 in all) and adhered that to the back of the tin to give some dimension. I arranged some garden stones and florists' moss and glued them in place. Next I added some fussy cut shells and a fish from the Beachy Jewels collage set. I sprinkled some Fauna Art Glitter to replicate sand and added two tiny flatback pearls.
I decided to grunge up the inside sides of the tin with a mixture of brown and green watercolour pens lightly wiped over with a baby wipe. 

 

***

My other projects for Gecko Galz this month can be seen here





That's all from me for now!



I hope you'll join our Beach Blanket Bingo challenge where the Winner will get a
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.

The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product ...
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the $1 Wednesday deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

 Card
Jo's Scrapshack #246 AG 17/08
Crafty Creations #372 AG 21/08
Crafting with an Attitude #42 (3) AG 24/08
Crafty Calendar Dots or Stripes 28/08
Creative Fingers #151 AG 08/09

Seahorse Tin
A Bit More Time to Craft #73 AG 14/08
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #87 AG 18/08
Crafty Friends #90 AG 24/08
Crafters Castle #8 AG 31/08 Top 3

Corrosive Challenges #8 AG 31/08 
Angies' Digital Stamps #23 AG 31/08 (2)
613 Avenue Create #212 AG 01/09 Top Rocker
Pile It On #145 New Technique to You 01/09 Top Pick
Dare2BArtzy Aug AG 01/09 (1)

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.