Monday 27 August 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Slow Down, Breath, Relax


Hello!

It's my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and today I have a card using some of the older sets of digis.

I created a little scene mainly using Snails Pace.


I love the expressions on the snails' faces. Vera Lane characters are so awesome and quirky; they always make me smile! These snails are perfect for decorating envelopes containing Happy Mail.
I used elements from other sets: the birds are from Woodland Props, while the cloud is from Helga's Hedgehog. The butterfly is from Blossom and the bee is from Sprinkle and Sparkle.

I coloured the images with Copic markers and fussy cut them, making sure to run around the cut edges with a black marker pen to hide any imperfections in my cutting!
The background is acrylic paints dabbed onto the mixed media paper with a damp baby wipe.  I added some stencilling with Distress Oxides and stamped some text onto the side edges.  I inked all around the edges of the background, first with Distress Oxides and then with Ranger black ink. I also added some black and white paint splatters with a fan brush.
All the images were glued directly onto the background. The sentiment was cut into strips and outlined in black fine-liner pen.



Snails Pace                     Woodland Props            Helga's Hedgehog
  

Blossom                   Sprinkle and Sparkle
 

That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Jo's Scrapshack #248 AG 31/08
Let's Craft and Create #140 AG 31/08 (#3/3)
613 Avenue Create #212 AG 31/08
Crafters Castle #8 AG 31/08
Polkadoodle #34 AG 31/08
Ellibelle's Corner Feature A Creature 01/09
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #88 AG 01/09 (#2)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1834 AG 02/09
Crafty Friends #91 Animal/Bird 07/09
Crafty Creations #373 AG 10/09

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.