Wednesday 15 August 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Friendship ATCs


Hello!

At Vera Lane Studio we have a monthly ATC swap in the Facebook group, and this month the theme is Friendship.

Here are my ATCs:


The first ATC features a digi stamp from the Bread, Butter and Flower set:


 I used the girl kitty, Butter - isn't she cute!  She's coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut and I added Flower as a balloon for her to carry to her friend. Look at her sweet words! She truly is a great friend!
The background is Distress Oxides in Mustard Seed and Seedless Preserves with some modelling paste through a stencil for texture. Butter stands on some washi tape, the edges of the ATC are inked in Distress Oxide and Ranger black ink and I added 3 tiny golden coloured gems for a bit of sparkle. Flower and Butter both have Glossy Accent eyes.

My second ATC features one of Vera's Owls:


I chose the owl with the heart since the theme is all about Friendship. Again I coloured the owl with Copic markers, adding some detail and highlighting with a white Posca pen. The owl was fussy cut and popped on foam pads. He was given a washi strip to stand upon. I love his punny message - good friends are always there for us no matter what!
The background is acrylic paint applied to the card with a brayer. Texture paste was applied through stencil to create the triangles, but being white, they didn't stand out so much, so I outlined them with a black fineliner pen. I added some clear crystal gems and inked the edges of the ATC and finished it off with a hand drawn border. My owl has Glossy Accent eyes.

Bread Butter and Flower                             Vera's Owls

   

That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #87 AG 18/08
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1832 AG 19/08 (2)
Crafty Sentiments Animals 20/08
Penny's Challenges #393 AG 21/08
Back to Basics #9 Use a Digital Image 21/08 Top 5
Dream Valley #184 Animals 25/08 (2)
Love 2 Create #11 AG Mixed Media (3) 28/08 WINNER
More Mixed Media AG 31/08 (3)
613 Avenue Create #212 AG 31/08
Crafting by Designs AG 04/09 (Please
delete - this was my 4th entry)

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.