Monday 13 August 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Under the Sea


Hello!

Happy Monday! 

It's my turn to feature my DT project for Vera Lane Studio today. 
I made this card:


I used elements from the Seahorse and Octopus set, the Under The Sea set and Ocean 11.  I printed out the images in a variety of sizes and began by fussy cutting the printed images and placing them on my blank card until I was happy with the placements. I then coloured the images with Copic markers and added some white Posca pen highlights.

I made the background with Dylusions paint applied to mixed media card with a crumpled, damp baby wipe. I added some white paint through a bubble stencil and some text in black ink. I outlined some of the bubbles with white Posca pen and I inked around the edges of the card with Broken China Distress Oxide and then with Ranger black ink. Some Art Glitter in Fauna was applied around the rocks to replicate sand.


The lovely sentiment is from the Seahorse & Octopus set - I cut into strips, glued it to the background and outlined it with a fineliner pen.

 

The great thing about digi stamps, apart from the price, is the ability to resize them. Mostly the elements on my card are small in order to fit them onto this 6 x 6 inch card base. Some of the elements are tiny - such as the starfish. However if you wanted to make an art journal page or decorate a gift bag, you could resize them to fit that purpose.
  One of the things that amuses me is that Janet, the artist behind these fabulous digi images, often gives names to the individual characters. The fish with the sharp teeth below is called "Bite"!


Here are the sets of digi stamps I used:

Seahorse & Octopus              Under The Sea               Ocean 11   
  

That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

*Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #87 AG 18/08
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1832 AG 19/08
Dream Valley #184 Animals 25/08
Craft Rocket #51 AG 28/08 (3)
Love 2 Create #11 AG Mixed Media (2) 28/08
More Mixed Media AG 31/08
613 Avenue Create #212 AG 31/08
Corrosive Challenges #8 AG 31/08 (2)
Dare2BArtzy Aug AG 01/09 (1)
Crafting by Designs AG 04/09 (3)

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.