Friday 17 August 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Little Houses ATCoin Storage


Hello!

Today I thought I would share this quick and easy project. It's a repurposed crisp tube: you know the kind - once you pop - you can't stop!



 

It makes a perfect pencil/tool storage pot, but look what fits neatly inside ...


.... Artist Trading Coins!
(the ATCoin in the tin was made by the lovely Fran Chalmers)

I only have a few ATCoins from the two swaps at Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group, but I'm hoping to make and receive many more, so this will come in handy.

I used the pre-coloured Vera Lane Studio Collage Sheet images (details below) - they are fabulous for quick, colourful projects - just print, cut and glue.

So, how did I make this:

1. Eat the crisps and clean the container.
2. Gesso the outside cardboard.
3. I decided to add torn pieces of graph paper rather than paint the gessoed surface directly, but either will do.
4. Paint the container - don't ask why I chose this beautiful pink colour - it was a new paint I had bought and I just had to try it out - gorgeous translucent finish!
5. Make a border from book paper and colour/paint, then adhere along the bottom edge of the container.
6. I added some torn strips of washi tape.
7. I also added some textured trim along the top edge of the container.
8. Fussy cut images, go around the edges with a black marker to mask any cutting imperfections and adhere to the tube.



Simple. Quick. Useful.


   

That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Creations #372 AG 21/08 (2)
Penny's Challenges #393 AG 21/08
Craftaholics R Us #33 AG 22/08
Craft Rocket #51 AG 27/08
Moving Along with the Times  Texture 29/08
Time Out #116 Bright 29/08
A Bit More Time to Craft #74 AG 29/08 TOP PICK

Let's Craft and Create #140 AG 31/08
Pattie's Creations #149 AG 06/09
Creative Fingers #151 AG 08/09

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.