Friday 28 June 2019

* Butterfly Girl


Hello

Yesterday was a scorcher (and it's not often you hear that in the North West of England), so hot in fact that I had to stay indoors to keep cool. I spent some time in my craft room getting inky and made this card for the current challenge at Rubber Dance:


I went with the colour challenge.
I made the background from Distress Oxides. I applied colour to my craft mat, spritzed it with water, dabbed a piece of acetate into the puddle and patted it onto my card. This way I built up the colour, drying each layer before adding the next. I used Peeled Paint and Broken China. When I was happy with the background, I stamped some flowers, from the Botanical set, around the edges in Peeled Paint. 
I stamped Butterfly Girl #1 and two sizes of Butterflies from the Antique Botanicals set onto smooth watercolour paper and heat embossed them with clear powder. I coloured them using Arteza Brush pens and when dry, fussy cut them. To hide the core of the paper I ran a black Copic marker around the cut edge.
I stamped the images onto the DO background and glued down the coloured images, leaving the wings free to add some dimension. A Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker provides the sentiment.  The background was edged with a blender and some peeled paint and then I added black ink to the very edge of the background.
The background was placed onto a 6 x 6 inch card base. 

That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Rubber Dance Colour Challenge 30/06
The Happy Craft Challenge AG 30/06
A Gem of a Challenge #12 AG 30/06
Path of Positivity #70 Encouragement 30/06
 
The Crafty Addicts #61 AG 02/07
Artistic Inspirations #216 AG 07/07
Crafting from the Heart #246 AG 07/07
Crafty Creations #393 AG 08/07
Creative Fingers #167 AG 11/07

10 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card!! Love the background, love the colors/colours and love the 3D butterflies just popping off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background and love the beautiful butterflies---yes got all my washing dry yest lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous background and beautiful card Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love it. Take card and stay cool. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, Carole. Great background and the butterflies are so striking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - such gorgeous colors and the highlight is the butterfly - so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this card, Carole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty Carole! Your background is amazing and I love the butterflies.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card full of artsy techniques that are just beautiful! Love the image and the sentiment is perfect for our Encouragement theme at Path of Positivity! Thanks for sharing with us! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there nothing of yours I don't swoon over? LOVE. Giganta-Wings and they work! Your background is so cool, too. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.