Wednesday 26 June 2019

* Imagine


Hello!

Where do the days go?
We're nearly at the end of the month and there are still a few challenges that I would like to enter. I found some time this afternoon to play with Brushos and stamps to make this card for the Lost Coast 'Face On' challenge. 

I don't own any Lost Coast human face stamps, but I do have this little beauty called Julianna from Inkylicious
Here is the card I made: 


I began by sprinkling Brusho pigment powder on my card and spritzing it with water. I used a combination of blues, reds and yellow, dabbing, blotting and drying each colour in turn. When I was happy with the colours I let the card dry naturally, spritzed on some Gold Glimmer Mist and then randomly added some second generation black text stamping. 
I stamped Julianna and the Imagine sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat embossed both with clear powder. 


Next I used a That's Crafty Flourish stencil and modelling paste to add dimensional swirls and flourishes.

This is where the boo-boo happened. I have to be one of the clumsiest people on the planet ... this time I plonked my wrist right over the modelling paste, squashing a part of it. I read Dot's blog post today and that made me laugh since I usually do something dumb right near the end of a project!  To try and rectify the problem, I replaced the stencil and added more paste - some details were lost, so I used a cocktail stick to 'engrave' the details. 

Once the paste was dry, I inked the edges of the card with black archival ink and adhered it to a 6 x 6 inch card base.

I love the Imagine sentiment and the font!


That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

A Place to Start Stencil Me In 29/06 RISING STAR
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #78 Face On 30/06 WINNER

The Happy Craft Challenge AG 30/06
A Gem of a Challenge #12 AG 30/06
Path of Positivity #70 Encouragement 30/06
 
The Crafty Addicts #61 AG 02/07
Stamping Sensations Show Your True Colours 03/07
Artistic Inspirations #216 AG 07/07
Crafting from the Heart #246 AG 07/07
Crafty Creations #393 AG 08/07



***

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful background you have created and your human face stamp is perfect. Love how colorful this creation is. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carole, this is beautiful! I love the bold background and also the dimensional shapes done through the stencil.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fusion of colour which makes a great backdrop to the stamping and with one of my favourite sentiment from Inkylicious (I think), many thanks for sharing with us and joining in our June theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole this is stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect card for our challenge and beautifully colourful. I've designed for Inkylicious and I'm a great fan of their stamps too, so I really like everything about this card. I love how you've used the texture paste over the Brusho background as it gives a great contrast and the image looks wonderful stamped in black. Thank you for joining us in our 'Show Your True Colours' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used your stencil to add texture to this very interesting and well composed design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Brusho background and stamp-love the textured stencilling.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The sentiment is so effective and even more dynamic with the background colors and stenciling! Absolutely an inspiring piece! Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge. ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to come back and look at this gorgeous piece again! I'll add how I really like the stamp you used with the sentiment! Such a wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the above deletion. I need to proof read a little better before I hit publish. This card is absolutely gorgeous! It is one of the prettiest cards I've seen. I would never have thought you had a boo-boo with it. Looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining in on the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colours and design. Love that face and the sentiment. Great save on the texture paste. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! You have inspired me to dig out my Brushos!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh be still my heart, those colors and that face! I have that exact same stamp, sold here in USA under Uptown Design Co. a gazillion years ago. Fair warning: this card may get CASED! You'll be the first to know if I do find a round tuit because your description makes it sound so fun to make! I'll even try plopping my wrist down HAHA joking! Those skewers and sticks come in so handy, don't they? I keep them everywhere I create. Well, love that card and how you kept it in the WIN column, Bravo! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.