Monday 3 June 2019

* Vera Lane Studio: Back to Back


Hello!

Today is my DT day at Vera Lane Studio. These weeks are whizzing by and I can't quite believe we are in June already.

We have a new digi set release today at Vera Lane Studio. It's the adorable Back to Back which comprises of two girl digis - one facing forwards and one facing inwards with her back to us, and two smashing sentiments.

Here is what I made:



I coloured the digis with Copic markers and added a few white highlights. I fussy cut them to leave a narrow white border, then, because the background was so busy, I matted the images with black card.
The background was made with Brushos. I sprinkled some pigment into a paint palette and added some water to make liquid dye. I used a brush to splatter each paint onto my card in turn, drying the paint before moving on to the next colour. I used four colours: Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Turquoise and Lemon. The Lemon pigment mingled with the blues to give lovely green shades. I left some white space. I inked around the edges of the dried painty background with jet black archival ink, added a few strips of narrow washi and also some white paint splatters.
The images are popped on foam tape with arrow printed washi to ground them. I pointed the arrows in opposite directions to reinforce the 'memories take us back, dreams take us forward' sentiment. Both the sentiments are cut into strips, backed onto black card and adhered directly onto the background. The background was then attached to a 5 x5 inch white card base.



Back to Back



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

PIP Challenge #1922 AG 07/06
Jo's Scrapshack #284 AG 07/06
Crafting From The Heart #244 AG 09/06
A Bit More Time to Craft #93 AG 13/06
Creatalicious #164 AG/Blue 14/06
Crafters Cafe #220 Feminine 15/06
A Perfect Time to Craft #6 AG 27/06
Love to Craft #35 AG 30/06
Get Creative AG 31/06



***

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love the background you have created. Those images are so cute. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great and colorful card! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful with a great background
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Carole! Your backgrounds are so stunning. I am always amazed at how you can make a full background and yet not lose the focus on your focal images. It is so inspiring.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the VeraLang images. This is awesome. Thanks for playing at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge. I wish you the best of luck.
    Happy Crafting.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Brusho background and great image-love the vibrant colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card. I love the vibrant colours of the background and the fussy cut images are super cute. Thank you so much for taking part in the June 2019 "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background on this! Thanks for playing with us at PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.