Monday 28 October 2019

* Gecko Galz: Mini Matchbox Journal & Shaker Card


Hello!

At Gecko Galz we have just held the annual Blog Hop. 
You can see my main post here and collect the free collage sheet that I used to make these projects.

A Boxed Mini Journal with coffee stained paper
My box is a large matchbox which contained Cooks Matches. I like to recycle and repurpose where I can! It also has a handy ready-made drawer.


I started by covering the outside of the matchbox with paper from the Solarium paper pack. I distressed the edges of the image and lightly inked them (and the box edges) with Vintage Photo. I added lace and cheesecloth beneath the image and finished off with a lace flower and pearl, a ribbon bow and words from the Journal Toppers kit.


Next I covered the drawer section of the matchbox with printed tissue paper and added a button and a brad to act as a drawer handle.
I made a tiny journal from coffee stained paper, hand stitching it to the kraft card cover. Lace, cheesecloth and pearls were added and then the distressed-edged image. The word 'secrets' is a Tim Holtz chit chat sticker.  Ribbon closes the journal.


4.  Christmas Shaker Card
This last project shows how you can take almost any image and make it into a Christmas card.


I chose to make a shaker card with this beautiful lady. I inked around the edges of the image with Peacock Feathers DO to add a little more colour. I die cut a frame from heavy teal card and made the shaker element with sequins. I found some beautiful silver card which I used for matting and also die cut a snowflake banner. I added gems to the centres of the snowflakes for a bit more sparkle. Finally I added a silver, die cut sentiment.


I hope you like what I made with the free collage sheet.
Head here to collect it.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

Matchbox Mini Journal
Crafting By Designs Oct AG 30/10
Corrosive Challenges #10 AG 01/11
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1943 AG 03/11
As Yo Like It Favourite Papers & Why? 06/11
Coffee Stained Papers
Especially useful for vintage and shabby projects. 
Unique and handmade.

Shaker Card
Cute Card Thursday #605 Sparkles 30/10
Crafty Catz #480 AG  31/10
613 Avenue Create #226 AG/Opt: Spotlight 02/11 (#6) TOP ROCKER

Everybody Art Challenge #456 Silver & Turquoise 04/11
Crimbo Crackers #196 AG 06/11
Cardz 4 Galz #108 Something beginning with S 06/11


    
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your makes are stunning. I love them all. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful projects. I love the box and that card is so whimsy looking.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teal and glimmer silver on this card. You are right about the image..... kinda stuck on that snowflake banner too. Thank for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, what a fabulous image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply stunning projects. I adore those images! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful matchbox project. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am simply blown away by your fabulous shaker card! I love the image and your perfect layers! Beautiful work, as always! Thanks for once again bring inspiration to our challenge!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place To Start Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.