Thursday 20 August 2020

* Gecko Galz: Mermaid Notebook and Pencil Tin


Hello!

I hope that you are keeping safe and well. 

 The customer challenge theme for August is Summer Love. You can check out the awesome creations made by the DT on the Gecko Galz blogWe would love for you to join the challenge using one or more products from the Gecko Galz Etsy shop.

Here is what I made:



I altered the cover of a notebook and made a pencil tin from a recycled can.

I really love mermaid images and Gecko Galz has the best selection of mermaid images imaginable. I use the Mermaids Bay Kit for the images and the Island Girl Paper Pack.



The notebook cover is made from Kraft card. I adhered a piece of Island Girl paper over the front cover and popped the mermaid image on top. The edges of the paper and the image are inked in black. I added some natural looking circle trim along the left edge close to the spine, securing some hessian twine beneath it to wrap around and act as a closure for the notebook. I have had these alpha stickers in my stash for a while and I love their vintage appearance - I used them to spell out the word 'notes'. To finish, I chose some wooden beads in complementary colours to thread onto the tie and also added a silver sea horse charm. I am really pleased with how this turned out.



The pencil tin was easy to make. I cleaned a tin can and used red tape to adhere the strip of background paper - I used the same Island Girl paper as the notebook. The mermaid images were cut, inked and adhered - I used two different images and repeated them, so four images in all. I added some gold trim to the top of the can and some gold rich ran to the bottom edge. Die cut seaweed (all from Island Girl papers) was adhered in-between the images, leaving a few fronds loss. Sea green sequins were added to the images and the pencil tin is complete.

For the customer challenge inspiration, I made a gap fold card



and a set of four note cards:



If you wish to know more about these, please head to here.


Mermaids Bay Kit               Island Girl         Summer Romance
  


That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Summer Love where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize
Do come and join us!



I'll be back on September 1st with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole all your makes are gorgeous. I love those image you have used. Everthing looks so lovely. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Carole. I love that tin! What a great idea.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. The notebook is beautiful, such a lovely image of the mermaid. The paper that you have used to cover the notebook is so colourful and makes the focal image of the mermaid really stand out, finally the added trim, word, seahorse, twine and beads add to the whole look of the notebook. The tin is decorated beautifully using a lot of detail and the cards are also beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.