Monday 3 August 2020

* Path of Positivity: Stanley in Paradise

Hello!

Happy Monday!
I hope you are staying safe and well.

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Exploring the Fantastical.

Prizes this month include:
  • $10 AU gift certificate from Beccy's Place our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

So, this month we want you to reach deep into your unrestrained imagination. 
Create a project that touches on the world of fantasy, wonder, magic or whimsy.
I was lucky to receive an image from our lovely sponsor, Beccy's Place. I chose Stanley in Paradise and one of the sentiments from his set. Here is the card I made:



Isn't he fabulous!  I have always has a fascination with dressed animals - be it Victorian photographs or caricature animals. I find something very appealing about them. Their cuteness makes me ohhh and ahh! I also love the Hawaiian islands and the beautiful Hula dancers, so this image of Beccy's is perfect for me.
I coloured Stanley with my Copic markers and fussy cut him, leaving a thin white border. The background is Distress Oxides in Scattered Straw, Fossilised Amber, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick - it was layered over the card and blended with a spritz of water. I heat embossed the Roundly stamp from AALL & Create in white and inked the edges of the background in black. The sentiment is die cut with a Cheery Lynn banner die and Stanley is popped on a home made wobble spring, so that he can hula, or jiggle! So much fun and I know just the person to give him to!



Many thanks to Beccy's Place, this month's guest sponsor,



and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #82 Path of Positivity.



 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in September.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Friends #141 Summer Colours 07/08
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2031 AG 08/08
Time Out #167 Dance 12/08
Alphabet Challenge I for Island - Anything Tropical  13/08
Cardz TV #120 AG 13/08
A Perfect Time to Craft AG 27/08
Classic Design Challenge AUG AG 28/08
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra AUG AG 30/08
Beccy's Challenges Aug 31/08

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. That action wobbler is perfect for him and the sentiment. Cute card, Carole! I hope to join in in the challenge again this month.
    Sorry that I have missed visiting for so long. But I am doing better and so I hope to visit regularly again.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Carole this is a such a fun card. I love that image. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee...that action wobble is just too fun! Great tropical colors in the background for this cutie! Clothed animals are pretty fantastic; and this guy is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is superb, especially the fur-looks so real. Ans such a fun image and so cute. Super sentiment and oh so true. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card love the cute wobble image and great sentiment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fun and the sentiment is fab... Thanks for entering it into our ‘Summer Colours’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sentiment is hilarious as this has certainly happened to me!! Was actually just dancing in the lounge with my daughter and felt my arms were going one way and my upper-arm fat going the other!! Such a gorgeous card and I adore how you coloured the bear with all the dots, creates such interest and texture. And the pink/yellow background has such a tropical feel to it. So very glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! I love the background you created and your coloring is superb too -love all the dots! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this card on Facebook, but didn't realise you'd added a wobble spring Carole, what a fun idea! Now he can definitely get his jiggle on! I love the way you've coloured the image, Stanley's fur looks fabulous. I also love the bright colours you chose for the background paper, they definitely give your card a tropical vibe. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.