Monday 24 August 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Life is A Daring Adventure


Hello!

I have an ATC to share today for my Vera Lane Studio post.

Over the weekend I attended a superb, interactive ATC workshop run by the fabulous Gwen Lafleur. She made some amazing examples and I can't wait to have a go. It gave me the idea of creating this simple, 'peek-a-boo' ATC which could, of course, be made larger into a card or a journal page.


I used the 'Wild One' digi set for this along with the grasses from Snail's Pace.  
The background is Distress Oxides in several shades of green and blue swiped onto the card and spritzed with water. When dry I used the Background Noise stamps, designed by Janet Klein and supplied by  by AALL & Create, to add interest and detail to the background. The images were coloured with Copics and pencils, fussy cut and adhered directly onto the background.

The front of the ATC swings open to reveal a surprise...


... the crocodile and tortoise.  And on the back cover is ...


... the rest of the crocodile.

I had great fun making this ATC.  Here is a little video: 


Wild One                        Snail's Pace
  

That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Classic Design Challenge AUG AG 28/08
Allsorts Challenge #5856 Summer Fun 28/08
Crafting Happiness #63 AG 30/08 TOP PICK

PIP #2034 AG 31/08


***

17 comments:

  1. Oh Carole this is a gorgeous ATC I love that peekaboo detail. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever and beautifully done! I love it.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun summer themed card! Beautiful coloring and loving how it opens up!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a very beautiful card Carole and fantastic layout
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful colourful ATC and so much detail and surprises with the opening flap Carole, I love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's fantastic, Carole! I love the fun surprise and the back too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Carole. You are truly a master at small art. You have so much detail on that small size.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked this card! I love the images, the colors, the way it opens.... this is awesome! Thanks for linking up!
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect ATC, itwoukd make a great card, love the aspect of the peeaboo, that alligator is perfect. Carole, thanks for joining us a the Happy Craft Challenge. Design Team Member Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! The turtle and crocodile crack me up! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. Such detail. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many elements about your card that I like - the distressed background spritzed with water - what a great effect! And I love the way you did the animals and carried the alligator to the back of the page. Very clever design and oh, so attractive!! I'm so happy you shared this with us at PIP Challenges! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real fun and colourful card, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ATC is amazing. So much detail and the background and the images are coloured beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card, I love your work! Thank you for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.