Sunday 1 November 2020

Cat Lovers Hop: Day 6 - Folksy Cats


 Hello!

This year is the sixth Cat Lovers Hop and it's a crazy week filled with crafting, commenting and celebrating cats of all sizes. There are fabulous sponsors and prizes to be won, but best of all, friendships to be forged with like minded cat lovers from around the world. 
Why don't you come and join us?

A huge thank you to Janis for organising and hosting this hop and a big thank you to all who have joined in the fun. Hopefully we'll do it all over again next year!

Here is my final card for Day 6:


I used two stamps from Carmen's Veranda - Cat in Overalls and Cat in Dress. I love the fun, quirky, vintage style images offered by this online store! 
The background is a smooshed Distress Oxide one, featuring the first outing of Cracked Campfire - wow!! - that is one fiery, vibrant ink! I bleached out some colour with water droplets, then splattered both white and black acrylic ink over the entire background. I decided to stamp some branches using a set of stamps from Inkylicious called Tumbling Vines - there are two stamps, one solid and one outline and I used both and heat embossed in gold. I used a different Inkylicious stamp for the bottom edges of the background - Bare Branches - this time I used just the top section of the stamp in black. I added some splatters of Gold from a Posca Pen.
The couple of cats were stamped onto the background and a second set were stamped onto white card and fussy cut. I decided whether or not to colour the cats and in the end decided not to, as the background is busy enough.


That's all for now!
Pop over to see what the others cat lovers have been up to
click here


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Crafty Catz #525 All Dressed Up (2) 04/11
Cardz TV #126 AG (2) 05/11
Creative Fingers #196 (2) 13/11
Creatalicious Challenges AG with Humour (2) 13/11
A Perfect Time to Craft #11 AG 27/11
613 Avenue Create Nov AG 31/11


I love feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

24 comments:

  1. Popping over from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... very awesome background for those awesome cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these kitties are quirky - I love their huge boots! They stand out against the background.... a lovely Card! Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just entered Crafty Catz after you... and had to stop in to say that I love your sweet feline card! So fun! TFS Kathy A from myasperations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These kitties are so cute! And such a wonderful background! You created a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute cats! Awesome background for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just loving your cat projects. These stamps are really unique and fun, and I love the fancy background. Good decision to leave them plain because it doesn't compete with the gorgeous background design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely background. You were right not to colour the cats, they stand out much better left white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are fun and quirky, aren't they?! Love them and love your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the black and white images against your background. It's really special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background is Fab and I so love those Kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun stamps and I love that beautiful background! Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These folksy kitties are cute, but I just LOVE your background! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FURRtastic kitty cat make!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous background, Carole, and I love, love, LOVE that you left the folksy cats black and white! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Those cats are just so adorable! I also love the vintage style of them and your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vintage look of this card and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so fun to see these two. Love your card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great background for these fun cat images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't get a chance to visit the rest of your cards during the hop - this is so cute and fun! I absolutely love your background! The images left uncoloured work so well here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are cute cats Carole!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool! Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't remember ever seeing these cat stamps before....LOVE them so much. I.NEED.THEM. lol... They look fabulous uncolored with your awesome background. I love the touches of gold and the other black branches! What a great autumn card!!

    I am finally on the homestretch of visiting and commenting on all the awesome cat projects! I have had a lot of fun looking at everyone's work. Thank you so much for going cat crazy with us during the #2020CatLoversHop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.