Monday 31 January 2022

* Vera Lane Studio: Sushi and Wintery Things

 



Hello

It's the start of a new week and the end of January - this month has flown by!

Today is my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and we have a new digi set release called Sushi.

Now I don't care much for sea food, so sushi would not really be my choice of food. With this in mind I teamed the cute sushi rolls with the girl from Wintery Things (which was released last week). I love how her jumper dress's polo neck covers her mouth - and it looks to me as if she is definitely saying 'no' to sushi.


I coloured the images with Copic markers and finished them off with Polychromo pencils. I fussy cut them leaving a thin white border.
The background was made by printing with a stencil (AALL & Create #100 Nodes) using Distress Oxides. I added some tone on tone stamping using Janet's AALL & Create #338 Background Noise stamps. I added Posca pen splatters in orange and white. 
I stamped some grounding for the girl and added a doodle border to finish off.


How cute are these sushi rolls?

Sushi                               Wintery Things
  
That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Here's all the info you need:

AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets, stencils and Washi Tape. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

As You Like It Favourite Colouring Medium and Why 02/02
I love Copic markers because of the vibrant colours and easy blendabilty. 
£ Colour Crazy #4 AG 11/02

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous page. I love it. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and fabulous composition for this lovely journal page Carole. Your backgrounds are always so detailed and I love them.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, what fabulously funny images - and a great page you've created with them! Love it! I would be saying no to sushi as well!!

    Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time and look forward to seeing you again.
    Sarah
    GDT Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.