Wednesday 3 January 2024

* Conjurer of Dreams: Frosty Mornings


 Hello


Today I'm sharing some projects I made using Conjurer of Dreams images. I hope you'll pop over to the store and take a look at the Digital Art on sale for collage, scrapbooks, journals, cards and more.

The theme this month is Frosty Mornings..

Here is what I made:


I used one of the Winter Birds and fussy cut the main part of the image. I made an inky background of a snowy morning as the sun rises. I added lots of sparkle, in the form of tinsel embossing powder and glitter, to represent frost and popped the cut out image on foam pads to give it dimension.


I'm entering this project into these challenges:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge #156 Winter Wonderland 31/01 Top 3
Critter Crazy #82 AG 25/01 WINNER
Crafty Animals #79 AG 26/01
Four Seasons Challenge Winter 31/01

***

I also made a set of card toppers using the Winter Birds.


Sometimes, the images are just so beautiful, there is no need to do much with them. In this case, I added DecoArt Glamour Dust glitter to the snow and frost on each image. I matted it onto a die cut black frame and then matted again on to die cut, textured, silver paper. One final mat onto a distressed rectangle of textured white card. 
The toppers just need to be popped onto coloured card and placed on a blank A6 card. This one I added to my go-to black card:


I haven't decided what colour card to use as the base for these two yet:


***

Next I made some pages for my journals:


The grannies are fussy cut and popped on a background scene of frosty trees from the Twilight set. I used silver glitter card to mat the image and sentiment. I also made the Dstress Oxide background, added white splatters for snow and die cut some fir trees from inked card. The sentiment makes me smile :)


Classic Design Challenge Dec AG 13/01
The Crafty Addicts #9 AG 31/01


My second page features another Grumpy Snow Shovelling Granny and a free Snowma from the Facebook freebie file:


Once more, I fussy cut the images and adhered them to a Twilight background. I added mica flakes around the granny's feet and the base of the snowman. I matted the image onto die cut mirror card and added a die cut,, glitter, snowflake border along the right hand side. It was popped onto a Distress Oxide smooshed background and a sentiment was added.


***

My final project was made with a background that I wasn't happy with, as the stamping of the trees had gone a bit wrong. However, I decided to rescue it for these gorgeous penguins - another freebie from the Facebook group - and I made a mini journal page:


I'm entering this project into these challenges:

Crafty Animals #79 Mr Popper's Penguins 26/01
Once Upon a Time Challenges Jan Mr Popper's Penguins 31/01

That's all for now.

Please visit the
Conjurer of Dreams Blog (freebies available)
Conjurer of Dreams Inspiration Group on Facebook (freebies available)

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo


7 comments:

  1. gorgeous and beautiful cards Carole........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, those dark colors with the lighted background looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful. Your snowy morning background is just fantastic, and I love that bird! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards and journal pages.Love the grumpy snow shovelling grannies.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty card, Carole. Thanks for sharing your wonderful Winter creations with us at The Four Seasons. we always appreciate and enjoy your art and hope to have you join us again real soon.
    Karen L, DT
    The Four Seasons
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
    Debbie - SCC DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards you have made Carole! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.