Friday 12 January 2024

* Winter Cats

 

Hello

One of my Facebook buddies has an Etsy store where she sells handmade bookmarks, tags and cards and more recently she has added some digital collages for us to download, print and create our own magic. Her store is Wendylynn's Paper Whims. I do hope you'll take a look. The printables are 50% off at the moment.

I spotted these gorgeous Winter Cats in the style of Van Gogh.  Now, cats and Van Gogh are two passions of mine, so I knew I had to purchase.

I downloaded them after midnight and I couldn't wait to get printing, cutting and glueing, so I made a couple of digital collages just to see the artwork in context. I hope you like what I made:


I gave this one a mixed media background which resembles a snowy winter's day. I added a gold wreath motive behind the image and some gold splatters, along with lavender stars. I framed with black and gold on both the image and the background, and I found a Van Gogh quote to tuck beneath the image and the word 'Shine'. A metallic embellishment and some wonky, gold stitches finish off the piece.

***


Again I chose a mixed media background representing dark, winter sky. I used a transparent mask to add more detail and texture to the background, along with gold splatters and sparkly blue snowflakes. The pine cluster embellishment is from a set by Raspberry Road. The gold, diamond-shaped studs were arranged as a frame along with some black and white detail. To finish, I tucked a wintry sentiment beneath the cluster.  

***

Next, I added both cats (fussy cut away from their backdrops)) to a wintry background:



Thank you so much for looking.

SUYP Challenge #96 AG with Cats 31/01

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Just clicked through and bought some images - loved the cat snowmen and had to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linby! Would love to see what you make :) x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous collages and mixed media backgrounds and love the gorgeous cat images.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Carole...I love all three of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful cards Carole....gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Carole, these are all amazing! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.