Saturday 3 February 2024

Conjuror of Dreams: Gothic Romance

  

Hello

Today I'm sharing some projects I made using Conjurer of Dreams images. I hope you'll pop over to the store and take a look at the Digital Art on sale for collage, scrapbooks, journals, cards and more.

The theme this month is Gothic Romance..

Here is what I made:


It's a mini booklet telling the story of Annabel Lee - a poem written by Edgar Allan Poe.
I used the Poe in Love set from Conjurer of Dreams for the character and also the colourful backgrounds from the Vivid Fantasy set. The poem was printed onto white card and die cut along with some of the Gothic Hearts.

Here are the pages:
I created the image collages digitally, then printed them out in small format. 
The original digital collages are shown later in this post.


I used colourful (Vivid Fantasy) backgrounds for the time when the narrator and Annabel Lee were in love and Annabel was still very much alive.
The Gothic Hearts add a little colour to the poem side of the page. Die cut borders were also used for decoration.


When Annabel dies, I move to more dark and sombre backgrounds.



The front:


I used a Tim Holtz 3D Impresslit (which die cuts and embosses) to create the large heart, colouring it with Distress Mica Stain in Peppermint Stick and adding a touch of gold wax and black ink. Glossy Accents was applied over the centre of one of the Gothic Hearts and over the tiles (Idea-ology Label Letters) that make up the title. Red velvet trim and black lace trim were added for texture and the booklet closes with black ribbon.

And the back;


Mini Album Mania #2 14/02 Top Pick
I Spy With my Little Eye Hearts and Roses 18/02
Perfect time to Craft #2 AG 28/02

***
I also made a small card:


This scalloped kraft card has an image from Goth Love. I made some die cut flowers and coloured them with Mica Stains, adding a black gem in the centre and some black, die-cut foliage. The sentiment is an Idea-ology Small Talk sticker.

CRAFT Challenge #708 Love/Valentine 14/02
Creative Knockouts #514 Valentine 14/02
***
And a heart decor piece:

 

The base is a chipboard heart which I coloured with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint. I used a heart stencil to apply Distress Crackle Paste and, when dry, I fussy cut a Poe in Love image and adhered it directly onto the base. Some left over flowers were also added along with an Idea-ology Clipping Sticker sentiment. I inked the edges of the heart with black ink. I added some silver coloured beads to a length of black twine and used this for the hanging loop, letting it the beaded part dangle below the heart.

Simply Create Too #197 Include a Heart 29/02
The Male Room #183 Use a Heart 05/03
***

Here are the digital collages I made (and printed in small format for the booklet):






And here are a few more digital collages:





That's all for now.

Please visit the
Conjurer of Dreams Blog (freebies available)
Conjurer of Dreams Inspiration Group on Facebook (freebies available)

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo













11 comments:

  1. Fabulous Gothic mini book,love all the pages and beautiful collage images.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, loving every page, in digital and in paper format. You are always such a inspiration and make projects that are so cool to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic and gorgeous Carol.........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work you've put into this mini book. It has tuened out beautifully.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a labour of love but amazing ! Worth all the effort!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic !!!!! Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is an amazing creation, so beautifully put together. I love how you have told the story. Thank you so much for joining us in our Valentine / Heart challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a very stylish and intricate project - love how you have put so much detail into it. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy" challenge theme of "Hearts and/or Roses".
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really fantastic and so beautifully made with such great details! Love the quotes you added! And a beautiful heart decoration too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool book and one that has a great purpose...telling a story! Thanks for this second entry in our challenge at Mini Album Mania!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.