Saturday 10 February 2024

* Gecko Galz: Flights of Fantasy 2

 

Hello

The February customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz is Flights of Fantasy and today is my DT day.

As always, we also have the monthly card challeng.ethe monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog pageWe also have the quarterly challenge where this time we're asking you to make a jewellery project.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

***

Here are my projects.

First, I have an acetate front card:


Here's the side view:


The card folds flat:

 

I used paper from the In Dreams Junk Journal Kit (May 2023) and I added some glitter to the clouds. The sentiment is die cut and is from the Simple Encouragements sentiment set. I fussy cut one of the balloons from the Flights of Fantasy collage set and adhered it to the acetate front. The fairytale castle from Winter Fantasy was also fussy cut and adhered to the zig-zag base of the card. This gives a 3D effect.

Pammies Inky Pinkies #2405 AG 11/02
Crafters Cafe #304 Fancy Edges 12/02 TOP 3
Through The Purple Haze #212 AG 13/02
Dream Valley Challenges #309 Add a Sentiment 17/02
Creative Inspiration #11 AG 29/02
***
Next I have a note card:


I love the muted, pastel colours in this, I find them calming and relaxing. The beautiful bird is from the December 2023, Once Upon a Christmas Time Kit. I distressed the edges and popped it onto a scalloped, die cut mat. This was then placed on foam tape onto the beautiful, cloudy sky paper from the (May 2023) In Dreams Kit. I inked some white card and used it to die cut some foliage and made a paper flower.


MMM Challenge Use Patterned Paper 11/02

Pennys Challenges #564 AG 13/02

Stamps + Fun = Creativity #447 Alphabet B (bird and berries) 18/02

Triple B Challenge Feb 28/02

Lets Craft and Create #204 AG 29/02 Top 3


***
Next I have some small cluster embellishments:


I followed the Flights of Fantasy theme for my clusters and added birds, butterflies and wings to my girls. I used up some of the smaller ephemera pieces I have ready cut and added them to postcard and script images. Florals were placed on each cluster along with some scraps of lace. These can be used on journal pages or used as a topper on cards. It's a great way to use up scraps and small images

***
I have a Pinwheel Tower booklet:


You can see more, including a step by step walk through here.

***

And lastly I have two digital art collages:




That's all for now!

I hope you'll join our Flights of Fantasy challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a bespoke digital prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back in March with more Gecko Galz projects.
Here's all the info you need:Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Flights of Fantasy"***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

11 comments:

  1. Lovely designs. I especially love the last one of the girl or fairy. Which collage sheet does that come from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret.
      The fairy girl is from the May 2023 Junk Journal Kit Club set called 'In Dreams' - it's available in the Etsy store. x

      Delete
  2. very beautiful and gorgeous cards Carole, the images are fab.........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! a stunning collection of projects! I love them all, in particular your acetate front card - brilliant dimension also your little embellishments are sooo pretty! and your last project is just magical! Have a great weekend Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole these projects are simply beautiful and awe inspiring. I love your blog as well and it inspires me to up the game on my own blog!!! Well done. I am thankful for having connections to such talented like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
    Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dove card is stunning, image is adorable and the co-ordinating papers are so pretty and perfect. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL designs! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love Balloons! Really wonderful. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness what truly magical creations these are! So much inspiration! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspiration Challenges! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.