Tuesday 3 September 2024

Conjurer of Dreams: Let Your Dreams Take Flight


Hello

Today I'm sharing some projects I made using Conjurer of Dreams images. I hope you'll pop over to the store and take a look at the Digital Art on sale for collage, scrapbooks, journals, cards and more.

The theme this month in the Facebook Group and on the new blog is 
'Let Your Dreams Take Flight'.
So, you can make anything that you love or dream about!

I love the autumn season with its changing colours.


I used a die from AALL & Create called Spring Sprouts to cut the Rolodex cards and I bound them into a mini book with discs.
Each page was coloured with Distress Oxide inks applied to an acrylic block, spritze.d with water and stamped onto the die cut cards. I used the colours from the images to create the backgrounds.

The front cover has an aperture. Below you can see that the back side of each of the rolodex cards were left without images to let the lovely coloured ink show.


The cards have some tall pine trees stamped in black (and secondary stamping for added dimension), along with gold embossed branches in the top section and gold embossing all around the card edges of the cards on both the front and back. I echoed the embossed branches in the top corners of the images and edged each image in gold embossing powder too. I love the warm glimmer and shine it gives out.

Here are the images and sentiments on each of the following pages:

  

  

  

The sentiments are Tim Holtz's Idea-ology 'Small Talk' sticker sentiments.

 

Classic Design Challenge Aug/Sept AG 12/09
Crafters Cafe Rainbow Colours & Lots of Layers 12/09
Try it on Tuesday Make it Colourful 16/09
Colorful Options Sept Be Bold 28/09
Archiscraps Sept Lots of Layers 30/09
The Crafting Challenge Sept AG 30/09

***

Next, I made a couple of postcards featuring two of the Fall Beauty ladieswhich I added to my small journal.

For the backgrounds I placed a Lavinia stencil, called Vine Leaves, on white card and sprinkled Brusho pigments (orange, lemon and brown) over the stencil so that the powder lay in the spaces on the card. Next I spritzed lightly with water to activate the pigments and when the stencil was removed I was left with a beautiful negative image of the creeping vines.

I added the images, matting them onto card coloured with the same pigments, and added a selection of die cut leaves, flowers and a toadstool along with a bunch of small stamen heads.

The sentiments are from the 'Small Talk' Idea-ology sticker book.

 

Ally's Angels #85 AG 10/09
My Time to Craft #542 Add Texture 18/09
The Four Seasons Challenge Sept AG Autumn 25/09
Stencil Fun Challenge Sept AG & Fall 28/09
Art Journal Journey Sept AG 30/09

***
 For my next project I digitally added the Fall Beauty ladies to the Harvest Moon backgrounds, then I printed the 'new' images out twice in different sizes. I printed different backgrounds also from the Harvest Moon set. and matted the background on black card.
 

 The edges of both the backgrounds and the two digitally created images were heat embossed with gold powder and layered on top of each other with foam tape for dimension. I love how these turned out - the colours are really vibrant and they have a 3-D effect with dimension and texture and shimmer from the gold edging.

  


***

Finally, I strayed away from the autumn theme and made two masculine cards using 3 Conjurer of Dreams sets, Stained Glass Waves, Stained Glass Lighthouse and Sea Captain.
I love anything to do with the ocean and the beach and these backgrounds are simply amazing!



Again, I digitally added the Sea Captain to the backgrounds and then printed the images out, using a different Stained Glass image as the background. Just simple matting (onto black card) and layering for a stunning effect.


Cardz 4 Guyz #355 Nautical 16/09

***
A digital page featuring one of the Autumn Beauty girls and an arch from a custom set Kim made just for me.



And lastly some digital beach and sea themed pages :


***


Background: Colourful Beach Huts (available on request)
Surf board .png file from Beach Elements (available on request)

***
These use the gorgeous Sea Queens set:





That's all for now.

Here are the sets that I used and links to the shop:

Fall Beauty 

Stained Glass Waves

Stained Glass Lighthouse 

Sea Captain


***
Please visit the
Conjurer of Dreams Inspiration Group on Facebook (freebies available)
A new Anything Goes, monthly challenge will start on 1st October 2024 - open worldwide to all participants, using any digis, stamping, mixed media etc
Please hop over and become a Blog Follower.

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo


10 comments:

  1. Carole you did it again you have made gorgeous cards and projects..........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So many gorgeous projects to enjoy! Your combination of elements is absolutely stunning! Love the inky layers of the book you created. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Hope you have a good week!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations Carol , like your wonderful albums too
    Nice day Epie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing your creative card with us at C4Guyz challenge, this is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of the Rolodex book you created. I also love the beach huts and the bathing beauty. What incredible items you made and they are so very beautiful and colorful. They all go very well with Aimeslee's theme at AJJ. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a lot of work. Gorgeous pages! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! Such a beautiful array of gorgeous artwork! Amazing work and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Very creative! I really love the mini album. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards! I love the Rolodex book. Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What interesting digital art. Your nautical cards are really nice, Carole. Thank you for joining us at C4G this round. Cheer, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.