Tuesday 10 September 2024

Gecko Galz: Moon Child

 

Hello

This month the customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog is 

Stay Wild Moon Child..


As always, we also have the monthly card challeng.ethe monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog pageWe also have the new quarterly challenge.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

***

It's my DT day today, so here is what I made: 


Fist up is a shaker card. I used one of the beautiful images from the Stay Wild Moon Child collage set and make a shaker frame by cutting out die frames and adhering them together. I added midnight blue, gold and orange sequins as the shaker element.
The background was finger painted with acrylic paints from PaperArtsy, then splattered with white and gold paint. The flowers and foliage were die cut from painted card.


Pammies Inky Pinkies #2436 AG 15/09
Try it on Tuesday Make it Colourful 16/09
Shopping our Stash 530 Don't Need Another One 23/09
Paint (more than one person can ever use in a lifetime) and sequins (ditto)
A Cut Above Sept 28/09

***

Next I made a triple diamond point card.
Here is the stood up view:


 I used another beautiful image from the Stay Wild Moon Child collage set and cut it with a circular die. I matted it on a die cut, white, scalloped circle. I chose paper  from my stash to match the colours in the image. 
Lying down view:


I made die cut flowers and leaves as embellishment:


The Crafting Challenge Sept AG 30/09

***

I made a very simple notecard, just using the gorgeous image from Stay Wild Moon Child and adding mats in gold and teal.


***
An altered spiral bound notebook - my favourite kind! 


First, I coated the kraft, hard backed, cover in Inky Pool acrylic paint. When it was thoroughly dry, I splattered some white paint and added silver embossing powder around the edges. I made an inky background with Distress Oxides. I decided to give this (and the image) a coat of Distress Glaze to seal the surface so it wouldn't  react with any water. The image is from Stay Wild Moon Child. I added some silver metallic looking gems to frame the image and added a moon charm.


Moving along with the Times #170 Not a Card 29/09

***
I also made a tri-fold shutter mini book which you can read about HERE.



***
That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our 'Stay Wild Moon Child' challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a bespoke digital prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back in October with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Stay Wild Moon Child"
Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***




9 comments:

  1. gorgeous images and projects and cards Carole.......gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous projects ! and love the images too Carole. Have a great rest of the week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork always knocks my socks right off my feet! Just jaw-dropping stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shaker card! Love the bright blue, yellow combination and that creative background design. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's September Anything Goes With A Die Cut and optional Monochromatic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great! The blue and the yellow are so bright- I love it. The other two pages are super too. I'm glad you shared these with us at TIOT. Thank you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the cards are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, loving that journal! Great focal image and the embellishments are wonderful! So happy you shared with us at AG in a Card Free Zone. Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for sharing your colourful shaker card with us at Try it on Tuesdays, its a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.