Monday 1 October 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Barista


Hello!

At Vera Lane Studio we have a new release. It's the lovely Barista, part of the Arthur Avenue collection, and this digi set comes with a pre-coloured collage image, a black & white digi stamp and two sentiments.

I used the pre-coloured image for my cards:



I cut out the Barista and ran a black marker around the edge to cover up any white card. I added some Glossy Accents to her coffee cup and to her eyes. I decided to team her up with a coffee shop and chose these buildings from the City Girl set. I coloured them with Copics and added some white Posca pen highlights and some Glossy Accents to the windows. 
The background is a gelli print. I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide and lightly stamped some dots along the edges with the same ink. Some black and white paint spatters were added. I chose two types of washi tape to ground my elements, then glued the buildings directly onto the background. The Barista was popped on foam pads for some dimension. I chose the 'Let's Coffee' sentiment, cut it into strips and glued it directly onto the background.



Barista                City Girl(available on request)
 

My second card also features the Barista with a coffee shop, but this time the buildings are from Tall Town



This was a quick and easy card to make. The buildings were arranged together and printed.The Barista was printed separately. I fussy cut around the buildings and glued them directly onto a card blank. The Barista was popped on foam pads so that she stands away from the buildings and the sentiment was glued directly onto the card.
I prefer to have some dimension on my cards, otherwise this could have been even quicker and easier to make, by arranging the digis, including the sentiments, how you like them and printing them out out. This would give a one layer card. 

Barista                             Tall Town


That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Coloured Card
Jo's Scrapshack #253 AG 05/10
Creative Fingers #152 AG 05/10
613 Avenue Create #213 AG 05/10
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges #1839 AG 07/10

B&W Card

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.