For my DT day at Vera Lane Studio I chose to make a little scene using a combination of digi sets, featuring one of the Wee Witches. The Wee Witches set includes two cute witches, the crescent moon and stars and two sentiments.
I teamed the Wee Witch with a cat called Lil' Boo and gave her some trees from Lil' Red and Big Bad and a bat from the newly released Bat Puns. I coloured the images with Copic markers and fussy cut them. I made the background from Distress Oxides using a blending tool to blend the colours to make the ground and night sky. I added some water droplets to remove some of the oxides and some white paint splatters to represent stars. I also added some flourish and text stamping to the edges then blended some Black Soot Distress Oxide all the way round the edges to act as a frame and finished with black archival ink.
I used the black and white borders from Vera's Borders (available on request) to ground my images. The background elements were glued directly onto the background, and I popped the Wee Witch and her cat on foam pads for dimension. The bat wings were shaped and just the body glued down. This sentiment is from the Halloween Expressions set.
I love making little scenes with the digis. Here is a close up:
That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
* A Gem of a Challenge #228 Halloween 11/10
* Crafting With Friends #74 AG 11/10
* Colour Crazy #40 AG 19/10 TOP 3
* Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #91 AG 20/10
* Crafting by Designs AG 25/10
* Angie's Digital Stamps #25 AG/Halloween 25/10 WINNER
* Craft Rocket #53 Autumn/Halloween 27/10
Create With TLC #24 AG 30/10
*Brown Sugar #283 Halloween 31/10
* Pattie's Creations #151 Halloween 02/11
* The Crafty Addicts #53 AG 06/11
* That's Crafty Spookalicious 07/11 TOP 3
I'd really love some feedback :)
I read and appreciate all your comments.