Friday 17 April 2020

* Vintage Pen Knibs


Hello!

This week I have made time to play with inks and stamps and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

I love the work of Tracy Evans, one of the designers for AALL & Create. Tracy is an excellent teacher and very generous with her tips and techniques.  She has recently been hosting Facebook Live demonstrations to keep her followers motivated and connected during the difficult times we are facing.

I watched one of Tracy's You Tube videos (these are recordings of her Facebook Live Demos and fall under the 'Comedy' category!) where she created a card that really appealed to me and one that I thought would be very useful as a masculine card, something that I have the utmost difficulty in creating!
Thank you for the inspiration, Tracy!

Here is my card:


The background is smooshed Distress Oxides in Fossilised Amber, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo. The Pen Knibs (one of the stamps in the set Knibs and Mushrooms) were stamped, then a spotlight made with a die cut circle and Vintage Photo ink. I added a tiny amount of stencilling using the Lotsa Dotz stencil and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. 
The Pen Knibs were stamped onto book paper and a piece torn off and glued directly over the Main stamped image. A small die cut circle was also stamped and patched over the knibs. Some of the pens were fussy cut from the stamped book page and were paper pieced over the original knibs, whilst others were stamped onto Vintage Photo sponged card and fussy cut to be adhered to the main image.
Background stamping was added with the Heartfelt stamp and white paint spaltters were applied. I liked the splatters so much that I added some gold ones. I finished by adding 3 white paint circles with a paint pot top. The edges were inked and the background matted onto black card.


Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #502 Paper Piecing 23/04
Stinkin Inkers CraftersChoice 26/04
Classic Design Challenge #4 AG 29/04
613 Avenue Create #232 AG 30/04 TOP ROCKER
Not Just Cards April AG 10/05 

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love it. I have been doodling along with Barbara Gray. It is so nice that there are people sharing their talents out there. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, gorgeous stamp and stunning colours...have a lovely weekend and stay safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, your colors and composition are so beautifully vibrant! I especially like your "circular" background bringing out inky beauty by drawing our attention to different parts of your image! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card, Carole! Love how you have used a simple row of nibs to make such a statement card!!!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, Carole. Great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning piece Carole!
    This is a smashing project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. Love the background and pen nib stamp. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful mixed media card - love it! Great design and use of colour and texture.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing with us over at “A Perfect Time To Craft”. Lovely card! Good Luck.
    Georgia DT for https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful creation! Thanks so much for inspiring us and our players here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.