Tuesday 14 April 2020

* Gecko Galz: Tea Time


Hello!

Gecko Galz have a daily challenge throughout April. 
All participants receive a free digital collage sheet, just for entering, and the winner receives a special prize as well.
Everyone can enter as long as their project follows the daily theme and contains at least one Gecko Galz product.

Today's theme is Tea For Two.

Here is my digital card:


I decided to try another digital piece. Today I managed to remove the backgrounds from one of the teacups and the tea tin from the  beautiful Botanical Blend Collage sheets. I did this in Gimp making each image have a transparent background. The background is a resized ATC from the Along The Garden Path ATC sheet. I matted it onto a black layer.  I added a coloured cloud behind the teacup and tea tin and layered another tea tin behind the clouds so that the flowers just peek through.
The sentiment is from the Charming Words Collage Set.

Below is a similar layout but with a different background, again a resized ATC from the Along The Garden Path ATC set.




 Botanical Blend                      Along The Garden Path
 
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

                                   
I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! Beautiful softness and lots of interest. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful. Like the different backgrounds you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole your cards are stunning. I love them both. I would so love to be able to go out for a cup of tea. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, Carole. Love the progress you have made on your digital skills. A transparent background opens the door for compositions like you have done here.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.