Monday 20 April 2020

* Path of Positivity: Flower Yin Yang Notebook


Hello!

Happy Monday!
I hope you are staying safe and well.

Today is the midway post for the April Path of Positivity challenge.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Style.

**We all have our own unique way of doing things.** 
This month create a project that reflects your own unique style or one that connects to style in general.

Prizes this month include:
  • $10 gift certificate from Lunagirl Images our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

I received an image from our ongoing sponsor, Scribbles Designs, for this post and I chose the Flower Yin Yang digistamp. 
 I chose this symbol because I love the fact that the two halves make the whole; we need a bit of Yin and a bit of Yang to become whole and balanced. Strong, fearless and beautiful are attributes I would use to describe most of the women I know. In order to be so, they need a balance of Yin and Yang. 

I decided to alter a notebook cover and this is how it turned out:



I started be measuring the notebook cover and cut a piece of smooth 250gsm card to make into the new cover. First, I smooshed Distress Oxides onto a piece of acetate and spritzed it with water. I then transferred the colour to the card. Using the acetate gives you a little more control over where the ink goes. I let each layer of colour dry before adding the next layer. I used bright, sunny yellow palette; Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Fossilised Amber and Spiced Pumpkin. These colours represent positivity, happiness and optimism. When the inks were dry, I added some stencilling using Fossilised Amber and Vintage Photo to give the circles a bit of depth. I then stamped over the card using Vintage Photo, Spiced Pumpkin and Fossilised Amber. I added black archival ink stamping to the edges of the card for some definition and framing. Splatters of orange, yellow and white paint were applied and the edges were inked in black.



I adhered ribbon to the back of the card to act as a fastener and adhered the cover over the original notebook cover. I decided not to add colour to the Flower Yin Yang digistamp, as the symbol is always displayed in black and white. I matted it onto black card and adhered some gold trim around it. The sentiment called Strong, Fearless and Beautiful, is from Scribble Designs and is free.  I cut it into strips and inked the edges.



Many thanks to this month's guest sponsor,  Lunagirl Images. 



and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #79 Path of Positivity.


 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a Path of Positivity project at the beginning of May.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Scribbles Designs Challenge (Gallery)
Inkspirational Challenges #211 Paint Splatters 30/04
Crafty Cardmakers #255 Anything but a card 02/05

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your note book covers are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful notebook cover. I love that you left the digi uncolored. It stands out well against that gorgeous background.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and loving the central image, it stands out so well. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful notebook cover love the yin yang image and all the inky/stampen and stencilling background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the interesting layers on your project. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how your notebook cover turned out ;o) The colours are beautiful and very well blended and I also love all the little details you have added! Thank you for joining our "Anything BUT a card" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Please stay safe and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all need a path of positivity right now, and what a fabulous way to create it in art with your fabulous notebook. I love the soft colour palette of the covers and the ying yang design is gorgeous.


    Thank you for sharing this fabulous piece with us in our Anything But a Card challenge.

    Stay safe and well.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an incredible way to showcase the Flower Yin Yang image Carole. Your creation is amazing!

    Thanks so much for entering your creation into our Customer Gallery over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Sorry it took me so long to come and comment. I'm supposed to be notified when an entry is added but when I was over there today, I realized I'm not receiving some of them. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    Strategic Content Developer and Blog Coordinator for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.