Monday 6 April 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Cat and Canary


Hello!

It's my DT day once again at Vera Lane Studio. Today's new release is Cat and Canary which consists of two quirky cats, a bird and two sentiments.


I coloured the images with Copic markers, using tiny dots to give the impression of textured fur. The background is smooshed Distress Oxides - Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey, Fossilised Amber and Twisted Citron were used on acetate to allow some control of the colour placement. Water was sprinkled over the oxides once dry, to bleach out some colour. Next I stamped around the edges and added some crackle paste through a stencil.
Torn washi tape is used to ground my cats - I wish I had chosen a different colour, then you could see the adorable claws on the sitting cat! The sentiment is from Tim's Small talk sticker pad.



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Angies Digital Stamps #41 AG/Spring 25/04
Love 2 Create #4 AG MM 27/04
Classic Design Challenge #4 AG 29/04 Highly Commended

Craft Rocket Challenges #69 Furry Friends 30/04
613 Avenue Create #232 AG 30/04
Corrosive Challenges #4 (2/3)AG 30/04
Through the Purple Haze #166 (2/3) AG 30/04
Crafty Creations #408 AG  (2/3) 30/04


***

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. I love those cats. The backgrounds you make are fabulous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Carole. I love the background and your cats are definitely cool.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill card! Love the Spring colours.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I adore the image and sentiment ! thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant Carole, love it.. Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable! I love the spring color palette and the snarky quote to go with those cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is Fabulously created, lovin' all the steps to create it!! I can always spot Vera Lane Studio's image and love the quirky fun images!
    So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

    ¸ • .. ')) -: |:-. •'. • ')) * ((¸¸. •' .. • '
    Hugs ~ DT Shell 💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Georgous love those colors and the images are fabulously colored thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs TErry xxx (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.