Saturday 18 April 2020

* Toadstools


Hello!

This week I have made time to play with inks and stamps and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

You may know that I love the work of Tracy Evans, one of the designers for AALL & Create. Tracy is an excellent teacher and very generous with her tips and techniques.  She has recently been hosting Facebook Live demonstrations to keep her followers motivated and connected during the difficult times we are facing.

I made this card using some of Tracy's techniques:


I used the toadstool stamp from the Nature Elements A4 stamp set. The background is a gelli print using the lovely Florastella stencil and PaperArtsy Chalk Paints in Sage, Khaki and Chalk.  I added some Heartfelt stamping in Wilted Violet Distress Oxide and lightly inked the background edges the same colour.
 The toadstools and their numbered background were stamped directly onto the background. They were also stamped onto some book paper and portions were torn to glue as a new layer over the original toadstools. I added some colour to the toadstools with Polychromo pencils. 


Torn black and white washi tape was used to ground the toadstools and a piece of hessian trim was also adhered at the base of the toadstools along with a copper coloured brad head. The legs of the brad were cut off and adhered around the edges of the card, along with some snippets of the washi tape.


To finish off the project, I added some white and gold paint splatters. I stamped a sentiment from the Eclectic Stems set onto a scrap of paint 'braying-off' card. After inking the edges with black archival ink, I placed this over the bottom portion of the toadstool stems. 



The final touch was to add a twine bow to each toadstool and to mat the background onto black card.

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #502 Paper Piecing 23/04
Stinkin Inkers Crafters Choice 26/04
613 Avenue Create #232 AG 30/04 TOP ROCKER
Mix It Up Challenge #36 AG 30/04
Not Just Cards April AG 10/05
I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and layout. Love the use of twine and burlap accents. Thanks for playing along with the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Carole fabulous background and love all the stamps and added hessian.I have been watching all Tracys FB live feeds she is brilliant-unfortunately not got any of her stamps-a craft drought at the moment!
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background you created great card Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us over at “A Perfect Time To Craft”. I love this card! Good Luck.
    Georgia DT for https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Gelli work is just fabulous! You have almost inspired me to take it up again! Beautiful color integration and the composition if awesome! Thanks for another amazing entry to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at stinkin inkers Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, loving the delicacy of the stencilling and the shading . Beautiful card . The textural element is a lovely touch too 😘😘

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.