Friday 20 November 2020

Gecko Galz: White Christmas


 Hello!

Over at the Gecko Galz Challenge blog ,the November theme is White Christmas, so I thought I would continue with that theme for my DT day.

I have made a selection of cards using images from Gnome for the Holidays. The images all have a lovely vintage vibe. 

The first one here depicts some cute little gnomes skating in the snow,. Look at the sledge made from a nut shell - how adorable.  I decided to make a shaker card, using silver sequins as snow.

In this close up photograph you can see the flecks of glitter I applied over the falling snow. The shaker box was built up by using several pieces of die cut card.

My second card  features a gnome peeping out of his doorway. His lantern lights up the night sky.

The gnome has glossy accents on his cold nose and also on his lantern.

My third card features a trio of cheeky gnomes. One holds a lantern, one holds a gift. They all have warm and cosy mittens and hats.


I used some paper from the Merry and Bright ATC set as background  for these gnomes and applied glossy accents to their noses and to the lantern. The cute sentiment was stamped.



This last card was the one I made for the Customer Inspiration post. It uses a beautiful image from the Snow Time Fantasy collage set.

 I added a silver glitter, die cut tree and two kraft card die cut deer to replicate those in the image. I also added glitter to the snowflakes and a banner of silver snowflakes along the top edge.

                          
 Gnome for Christmas                Snow Time Fantasy    
That's all for now.
I hope you'll join our White Christmas Challenge where the Winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!

I'll be back on the 1st December with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Red & White Shaker Card 1
Dragonfly Dreams Christmas/Winter 30/11
Craft Rocket #76 Christmas/Winter 30/11
Cardz 4 Galz #135 Cute Christmas 02/12
Crimbo Crackers #220 AG Christmas 02/12
Cardz TV #128 AG 03/12
Simon Says Stamp Christmas 25/11
Crafty Catz #528 AG/Christmas 26/11

Blue Winter's Night Card
Pennys Challenges #484 AG 24/11
CRAFT #577 Christmas 25/11
Double D Winter Blues 29/11
Ellibelle's Nov Challenge Christmas 30/11 TOP 3
Sweet Stampers Challenge Christmas 08/12


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

14 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your cards are gorgeous. I do love those gnomes it is a lovely set to work with. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful selection Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... these are all just amazingly beautiful my friend! LOVE the images ... just awesome! Each one made me smile & gasp in delight! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops ... Me again! I was so busy checking out all the details on each of these awesome cards I didn't notice that you had also shared with us over on the Sisterhood of Crafter! Thanks for joining in our fun and sharing your amazing talents with us! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - love all the gnomes. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz with your shaker card. xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely beautiful! So loving these images, especially all of the cute gnomes!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Christmas or Anything Goes!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun, Carole! Your Christmas cards are fab - I love the Gnomes, but my favourite is the one with the deer, it is just fantastic! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! On the blue one, I love the flowy snowflake border, and the gloss on his lantern.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are a treat for the eyes! Your little gnome card is beautiful and just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for linking up with Double D. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely gorgeous.Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card with the gnomes. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.